Thread: Control Play TV from Sony Ericsson Xperia play

Control Play TV from Sony Ericsson Xperia play

I am going to buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Play phone this week but before that I want to clarify one main thing. I know that it is a very good Android smartphone developed by keeping in mind of gaming enthusiast. In my home I own a Playstation 3 and the sony’s Play TV. What I want is, is it possible for me to control the play TV by using this mobile phone. Is there any kind of the application or inbuilt feature which allows me to do that? I know that the PSP had this capability. If the Xperia play is capable to do then it might be very helpful for me.

Re: Control Play TV from Sony Ericsson Xperia play

As far s I know that there is no such news or capability from the reviews of the Sony Ericsson Xperia play yet. However by looking at the PSP it seems to me that it is somewhat may be capable to do so. But I have a small doubt about that. The sony PSP wasn’t running on Android platform except it was running on different. May be the PSP was running on the comparable firmware like in the playstation 3 or play TV and due to this it was capable to control the play TV. On the other hand the Xperia play is running with Android. So I don’t think that there is any kind of possibility.

BY seeing at the current reviews and specification I can hardly say that the Xperia play is not capable to control the play TV. However if you get any good android application that is specifically designed to control the play TV then it is possible. As you know that the play has wifi. Through it, it may be possible to communicate each other. The sad thing is I have looked into the Android market but unluckily I didn’t get any compatible application to accomplish this task.

The Xperia play is somewhat similar to the sony’s PSP. In PSP the sony had previously included the capability and feature to control or communicate the Play TV. But in Xperia play I don’t think that they have added this feature. If it is possible then the only communication source is through the wifi linking. Other than this there will not be any way to control the device. Furthermore along with wifi you will also need to specially designed application to control the playTV.

So far I don’t have any idea about whether the Xperia play is able to control the sony’s playTV or not. But as my knowledge concern I know that there is an only one possibility. It is sure that both the device has wifi and through this they can communicate each other. If this case so then you might need to get the Android application called universal remote control or something similar to control any kind of device through you phone. I know that there are lots of similar applications in the Android market.

The sony’s play TV comes with a small device and a remote controller. Now you know that you can control any remote controlled device by the use of smartphone. The apple iphone has several apps to do so. Now the android app developer has also developed such applications to most of its android smartphone. The Xperia play is any excellent phone which is running with later Android OS. So you will get several app to control the remote enabled device. Some app might not compatible but some will perfectly with this.