Thread: Android Gingerbread (2.3.3) on Nexus one hangs continuously

Android Gingerbread (2.3.3) on Nexus one hangs continuously

I am having Nexus one with me and was quite happy using it.There was no problem at all and the phone was working very well.But now suddenly I have encountered with some problems.The issue is that I have been getting a lot more hangs or you can say the force closes in Android Gingerbread (2.3.3) on my Nexus One than I ever got before.So can you all tell me the reason why I am getting this type of continuous hangs.Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Android Gingerbread (2.3.3) on Nexus one hangs continuously

I just had a look at the question that you had posted and would tell you that this is something that is being faced by many people who have got this phone. But the reason for this might be due to some kind of software’s that you have installed that hangs the standard Android applications. Also I would tell you that like the Activity Launcher the main phone GUI there are some applications that might cause this problem. So I guess that you just need to check out with these applications and then all will be fine with you.

Even I have a similar kind of phone as you have but I didn't see that at all. But the thing is that currently I am using the Cyanogen Mod Gingerbread. I used stock Gingerbread for a few days in the past and that while using it there wasnt any kind of problem at all. And the software performance was also good. Also I would tell you that with the with the default Android Launcher I have not spent time on it.For that matter I have always used Launcher Pro. SO maybe even you can go ahead with it and then everything will be fine with you.

I think that there must be some kind of problem with the application that you have downloaded and would say that those are the main cause of worry. I feel that there must be some kind of virus invasion in your phone and that is the reason why your phone just hangs.So maybe I would suggest you to get a new antivirus and then have a clean installation of it. And then all will be fine with you after that.So this is what I feel you need to do to solve the problem that you are facing.

I think that the applications are the one that you need to check out but I am not sure which ones you would need to look at. But there is a solution for this and that is the logs are the one that might tell you the proper solutions to this problem. Also I would say that there are free applications that are present in the market called OS monitor that looks like it might show you the right logs and even offers to email them to developers. So this is what I guess you need to do to solve the problem that you are currently facing.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided to me as do feel that once I use them then there wont be any problem at all.I have right now just went through them but haven’t used them. But I have a feeling that once I use them then everything will be alright.Also I would tell you that after I use it I will definitely get back to you on this.So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me to solve the problem that I was facing.