Thread: How to start Swype on HTC HD2

How to start Swype on HTC HD2

Hi I am using HTC HD2 from last 2 months and I am enjoying the feature of it. Recently I heard about the Swype technology which seems to be new, faster and easier way to type text entry on your Smartphone’s. So I was also excited to know more about this new technology. Does anyone knows any useful information regarding Swype. How can I activate this in my HTC HD2? Where can I find it? Please help me with your valuable suggestions. Your suggestions will be appreciated like always.

Re: How to start Swype on HTC HD2

Swype Technology is preinstalled in HTC HD2 Smartphone and you can enable it by following the below steps:
    • Go to Text message and enter on the text field. (You can also do this on browser URL, new appointment, to-do list)
    • Click on the text input open space.
    • Now tap on the small arrow which is located on the right side of the center icon. You will find the center icon on the bottom part of your display.
    • A list of text input options will appear. Just select the Swype option from the list to activate Swype in your mobile.

If you are unable to follow the above steps and still wish to get Swype keyboard for your HTC HD2, you can search for the Swype CAB file on Internet and download it in your system. Following are the steps to install Swype keyboard in your mobile:
    • Download the Swype CAB File from Internet
    • Connect your mobile to your laptop/PC by using a wireless connection or USB cables and copy the Swype CAB file to your HTC HD2.
    • Use your phone’s File Explorer to browse and open the Swype CAB file.
    • Now you will be prompted to select a location where you wish to install the file.
    • After selecting the installation folder click on ‘Install’ option.

Hey guys thank you a lot for helping me with your generous replies. Your replies were really quick. It feels so good to know that there are people like you to kindly help newbie like me. I am finding a bit difficult to use and get used to the Swype keyboard. So I wanted to know few more tips on using this keypad. It is really interesting feature, that is why I want to get used to it. Does anyone have any more information on how to efficiently use this amazing Swype keyboard in my HTC HD2. Your help will be appreciated.

It is a bit complicated to use the Swype keyboard at start but then it becomes addictive. You can easily type upto 50 words in a minute by using the Swype keyboard.You just have to trace the path of your next word through letters and lift your finger. Just start your next word and the Swype will by itself automatically insert the necessary space in between those two words. When the Swype is unable to figure out what you are exactly trying to type, it will make a pop-up to appear on the screen. This pop-up will be containing a list of options, which you can select by just tapping on it. The dictionary is very helpful.

What is making Swype so popular and incredible is because it is very smart. It has got the amazing power of selecting the right word we think of typing by just reading on the path that we trace. The users are also provided with many sets of tutorials that seem to be proving helpful. And the best of all, swipe learns the new word that we type and integrate that new word in the available dictionary of words, so that it can be used in the future texts. One hand typing speed is very fast after using the Swype. That is why I highly recommend using this masterpiece keyboard. Swype has been a combination of innovation, speed and ease of use. Also if you are seeing a small “i” just above the bottom left Swype icon, then you can click on it and a choice of other words for use will be displayed.