Thread: Creative Centrale won't open

Creative Centrale won't open

The Creative Central software doesn’t start. No error message from the software but here the error report of Windows.
    AppName: centrale.exe
    AppVer: 1.0.8.0
    ModName: discpmgr.dll
    ModVer: 1.0.2.0
    Offset: 000046fd
    I found forums where other people had same problem but no solution. The reader Xen Creative X-Fi 32 GB works very well. If someone has encountered this problem or a solution to offer me, I'm taker.

Re: Creative Centrale won't open

Try downloading the update found in creative website. The filename is SoftwareUpdate_PCApp_LA_1_01_02.exe. Go to creative's website and click on support. Click on Mp3 Players and look for your product model. After clicking on the product, it will open a page where you can find the latest downloads for your device. Look for Creative software update 1.01.02 under Application. Good luck.

Hi. I've the same problem (but i own a creative Zen mozaic) I’d installed the update but it didn't work. I've tried other solutions I’ve read in different places (like upgrading quicktime, installing centrale from a cleanup windows or reinstalling wmp11) but none of them worked. Can anyone give me a solution or at least suggest me other things to try?

I have the same problem with the mosaic, but when I try to open the exe. Files, it says my device is not connected, when it clearly is. I have sent a detailed message to support, but I doubt if that will help. (I bought this for my mother, and I would like to have it up and running and user friendly for a 50 plus woman before i ship off to bootcamp)

I am having the same problem. I tried downloading the new version suggested by one of the replier. Installation went well, it uninstalled the version that came with my Mosaic LX, and installed this one. However, it still won't open. Any suggestions for me? This will be pretty much useless if I can't get the software to work. I have a muvo I got last year, and I never had any problems with that software.

I received a Zen Moziac LX for Christmas. I too am having problems with the creative central. It worked for maybe 2 minutes when I first downloaded but was unable to do anything since it came up an error from Microsoft. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I have also contacted support and did what they told me to do which was this.
    1) Go to Start -> Run -> Type Regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Expand on
    SOFTWARE -> Expand on CREATIVE TECH -> Delete the CREATIVE CENTRALE
    folder
    2) Once done, download and install software from the link below:
    Creative ZEN Mozaic Starter Pack 1.04.05
    File Name : ZENMozaic_PCApp_A4_1_04_05.exe

I just discovered I have this same problem. I had not used Creative Centrale for a couple of months because I had used it to load up my mp3 stuff to my Zen Mosiac and had no need for it. Today I tried to bring it up and it bombed out on me. Just as described in these threads. I did the upgrade download stuff but nothing has helped. I have emailed Tech Support. Judging from these threads there does not seem to be a fix. Guess I better enjoy what is already on the player as it looks like there won't be any new stuff added.

A "FIX" for this problem. After many emails back and forth with Tech Support, they suggested I use the file, ZENMozaicEZSeries_PCApp_L4_1_14_03.exe. This is for the EZ series of the Mosaic. Not the standard version. This worked to the extent that Creative Centrale did start OK. This version does not have the interface between CC and the computer files. But, with the unit plugged in, CC does work as an interface between the unit and the computer files. What this means is you can drag mp3 files directly from a computer folder to the "All Tracks" folder of the unit. At that point you can move the song to the desired playlist. Personally I like this method much better that having to move a song to the CC interface and then move it to the unit. I did jump through all the hoops about the file installation. Delete - reboot - install. I did go into the Registry and delete the Creative folder after doing the program removal via the Control Panal. Then I rebooted and installed the new file. One final comment. I tried installing CC on a new netbook (XP) and it worked just fine. So, it is obvious there are compatibility problems somewhere but I really don't care to press it any farther. I like this version of CC much better and will stay with it. I can now edit my unit's playlists so all is good for me.