Thread: How to make different categories of Contacts in iPhone

How to make different categories of Contacts in iPhone

I am using Apple iPhone 4 from past 1 month now, but I still have to figure out many function of Apple iPhone 4. I am having a long list of contacts and searching any through them all is hectic sometimes. So I wanted to know whether it is possible to make different categories for my contacts in iPhone. With having different categories the searching of contacts will be less painful and less time-consuming. Does anyone have got any solution regarding this issue of mine? Please help me with your suggestions.

Re: How to make different categories of Contacts in iPhone

Yes it is absolutely possible to create different group/category of contacts and add/remove contacts in them using Apple iPhone 4. The easiest way to add/create or delete a contact groups from iPhone mobile is to use an Address Book application which can edit and change the contact informations and groups.
    • To create a contact group, click on Group + button.
    • Rename the untitled group as per your wish.
    • Click + button in name section to add a new contact name and Edit the contact details
    • Check (Tick) the Sync Address Book checkbox and Click on Apply to create a new group.
    • You will be able to see the new Contact group in the contact section.
    • When you are done editing all the details plug in your iPhone and start the iTunes application.
    • Select the phone in the Devices section and click on the info tab which you will find on top
    • Make sure that the Sync Address Book Contacts option is checked
    • Now finally click on the Apply button.

I have been using Contacts Group Manager app in my Apple iPhone from last so many months to manage my iPhone contacts. It provides a very good Group Management function which makes it easier and faster to use. You just have to create a group and keep checking (a tick mark) your contacts which you wish to place under the following group. Any numbers of Contacts can be added to/removed from the group by just one check mark (tick mark). It performs very well with even 1000 contacts. You can even send mails to the group members at the same time.

After searching for apps on Internet which can solve this issue efficiently I was able to find one which is very cheap to purchase but the functionality of the app is amazing. It will cost you just 0.99 cent to purchase the “Grouper” app from iTunes store. It works great with the iPhone and integrates itself with the existing address book in your iPhone. The “Grouper” app does not restricts the user with a specific number of groups, thus making it possible to make as many groups as the user wants, but it depend on the available space.

Mostly all the apps which help you to organize your contacts and groups in your apple iPhone mobile are paid applications. So if you want to try, I would recommend you to use Groups app, which is a free application. You can search about it on Internet and download it from there or the official website of Apple. You just need to download the Groups app in your computer/laptop and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. If you have installed iTunes application in your system, then it will automatically put the Groups app on the connected iPhone. On disconnecting your iPhone from the computer, just click on Groups and you will find a free icon of Groups in your iPhone home screen. Launch the application and click on “Edit” and then on “Add New Group” to create a new group. Follow the on-screen instruction and finish the process and finally click on “Done” to add your desired contacts to groups which you have choosed.

Those replies were very helpful. I am impressed with the quick service of replying so quickly to the query. All thanks to you, now I am able to manage my contacts in different Groups, thus making it less hectic and time consuming for me to search for one particular contact in the long list of original contact list which I was having before taking your help. Once again thanks a lot. I would definitely try those apps mentioned above and keep the one which is suitable to my requirements.

Hi, I am proposing a free application to create groups of contacts, directly on your iPhone. You will also be able to send group texts / emails, without selecting all group members one by one.
    You can test it here : group your iPhone contacts
    Rémi
    Note: As I am Easy Group developper, I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise,from my recommendation or link.

I was able to organize my iPhone contacts into groups directly within the default Contacts app on my iPhone via using a small tool called CopyTrans Contacts.

It worked pretty straight-forward.

zonekarter Guest

If you are using the Mac’s “Address Book” app you can easily manage your groups and then sync with your iPhone Contacts app. See the Address Book Help for info on how to setup and manage your groups. Go to iTunes and, after connecting your iPhone, select your iPhone under devices in the left hand column and then select “Info” from the tabs at the top to set up Address Book Contacts syncing options. You can also sync with Yahoo and Google address books there.