Thread: How Google will combat Android fragmentation

How Google will combat Android fragmentation

Step 1: Move some basic functions away from the operating system and applications that can be updated through the market without the interference of support.
    Step 2: Maturity. Android has been cutting their teeth for a while, but the signs are that they are nearing a point where slow deployment feature, and with it, fragmentation will too.
    There is a super dynamic approach, but then super proactive disable some of the biggest cheerleaders of Android. However, without forcing the updates to anyone that Android could be good feature updates ensure everyone who wanted (an application in the open market for the installation of operating system updates "Installing carrier will end up with stupid changes X. Continue s / n?). Outsourcing control-freak duty of the company is not really the opening of Android is supposed to be everything. I believe that even above two steps to reduce fragmentation. I just hope that Google wants to do more than simply reduce fragmentation. I do not know what all the strings attached "to Google" brand, but if Google's technology upgrades are not one of them, I would recommend a brand new more powerful to do so. "Google Technology", for example. Carrier surface allows minor changes, no pre-filter operating system updates. Without such assurance, my interest did not really wake up until Google fabrics Nexus TP2 entrails in a shell and urges the Nexus Pro I'm not even sure I want to buy an HTC brand of the same composition at this time.

Re: How Google will combat Android fragmentation

You are not the only complaint of the lack of a high-end Android with a QWERTY keyboard. I heard this everywhere. My understanding of the rumors is that Nexus Two could have a QWERTY keyboard and be pulled into the company as well. But I suspect that the seller is not HTC, but now Motorola. The next phone may have two variants, one as a Nexus brand, and the other as a mark Droid. IMO, the keyboard on the droid feel worthy in my touch. I just tried Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 keyboards on demonstrations. The earlier form of address fragmentation is a decent way. Somehow, this is already what Nokia is doing. Its updated features and services through a wide range of Symbian devices not specifically indicate it is a leap of operating system version. Examples are what they have done with Ovi Maps and Chat. If the operating system cannot handle the application in question, the update also laid the operating system upgrades of the API, as well as the application itself. I just want to extend these changes to the browser.

One thing I would like to see Google is expanding the free Android beyond the companies and offer users free and unrestricted access to it. Any user should be able to install any version of the operating system, with the appropriate drivers on their Android phones. At this point, there is a limited amount of hardware support and the only real special features are the special control mechanisms (different trackballs and tablets and keyboards, etc), a particular manufacturer might include. With the Nexus cut more than half (guess + Sprint Verizon Wireless customers have a greater total number of ATT + BMT) for American users, it may need a new way to attract users who want a device to future-proof. A website built update.android.com provided by Google's software engineers would be the solution. I suspect that some manufacturers, like HTC might even be willing to collaborate with Google on that, with respect to providing any special drivers. Google clearly has an interest in a mobile PC ecosphere-esque, and allowing users to control their own operating system is a step in that direction.

An interesting idea, but fundamentally rooting community has already done, but it is only for the geek, liked cooked ROM. A minor quibble is that part of his analysis is too US-centric. Verizon + Sprint may be larger than ATT + T-Mobile, but GSM is much larger than CDMA. The link is launching on Vodafone and probably will show the rest of Europe. Why stick CDMA radio in a GSM phone, and then ROM for it? Neither U.S. companies CDMA is likely to accommodate you. Frankly, I think actually, Android is increasingly fragmented and begin to converge. As Drillbit argued, while Android phones are proliferating like a tank full of guppies, the change in hardware is shrinking. Android people probably prefer to handle this as I like where to go and I'd like to see Android really become like Linux. Talk about splitting.

Get updates to Google would be secure and officials. Get updates to a community is not just for the geek, but for people who can have the funds for the risks occupied. The people whose phones are toys you can hack all day. The people whose phones are important tools may not be willing to roll the dice with it. You're right, my overall view of the N1 is entitled to the U.S., but as Vodafone, does Google actually maintain control over the updates that have to do? It seems that Voda has a lot more control in their willingness to ATT or TMO, and if that is the case, would be a shame. Do not look to the future of the brand Nexus by Google - but for their support.

We do not disagree. The carriers are the problem. My point was more along the lines of doubts that have downloadable versions and open operating system would solve that problem for most users - companies still would not let people do it if you are in a contract. It would be very good, probably for people like you. I agree with Vodafone. That was more by way of an example of the Nexus One will be the largest GSM markets. As you say, is that Android is fragmented, companies are artificially fragmented. This is the positive side of Apple's control freak tendencies. Dictate to AT & T. Google needs to double this type of muscle with carriers and be willing to stay if you do not understand. The N1 was a nice experiment flex the muscle indirectly. Should have exercised more influence with Verizon with the droid, but at that time, Google probably needs as much as Verizon Verizon needs a hot new iPhone murderer. I honestly do not know exactly what is going to be able to break the dominance of U.S. companies have. I'm glad Google finally gave me a murderer who can use phone as a GoPhone.

The opposition here is not the user's freedom, but freedom of enterprise. I personally believe that free enterprise was overweight early versions of Android. I'm glad to see Google take steps licensing to roll that back. I do not want Google to get anti-trust, but let's be honest, is something vastly different to want to approve a service (facebook) baked-on modifications to its operating system which is somehow limit access to that service to the users of the device. The latter should raise competition, but complaints about the old sounds like complaining to me. Ultimately, it sounds like it could encourage HTC and others to stop firing its amendments and instead of releasing them as applications such as SPB mobileshell. As someone who likes to have the option of a third of IU, I think it would be great if it works.