Thread: The risk of mouse-induced RSI can be reduced by Ipad

The risk of mouse-induced RSI can be reduced by Ipad

Anyone else notice that when using the IPAD to navigate, using random fingers to manipulate the screen and, more interesting, the particular digit (s) or hand (s) used to achieve a particular operation (zoom, bread, displacement) at a time are totally different from those used to do the same for the second time? I wondered if this freedom (as opposed to restrictions on the use of a trackball mouse button on a mouse pad fixed size in a fixed position on a desk, fixtures click user interface, such as scroll bars in a fixed display) possibly will actually reduce the risk of RSI?

Re: The risk of mouse-induced RSI can be reduced by Ipad

At present as soon as using my PC I require to swap among two dissimilar pen mice, a usual mouse just to prevent my hand take hold of up. (Pen mice are luminous however some tasks require a more constant mouse. consequently as an RSI experience. YES! The ipad is a god sends toward the point wherever I actually make use of my ipad AS my mouse through air mouse. Or I make use of a remote desktop application where I am able to to avoid my pc all mutually.

I don't consider that possibly will essentially happen subsequent to all you make use of the ipad the technique that feels mainly comfortable at the time, and as point out above you are able to make use of dissimilar fingers, or a different hand if you were so disposed I certainly haven't had whichever strain commencing mine and I make use of it way excessively much. I hope that now you are clear with your doubt. Thank you.

Perhaps the best thing is rotating use. What do I do with a laptop? I can change the trackpad for mouse or Wacom. I also switch hands with the trackpad. No change in the fingers / hands I catch myself. For example, I use my left hand with the touchpad of my Macbook right now (I am right handed) and my right hand is at risk. I caught the problem before it became the RSI, but if you keep it, that's what would happen. I never really progressed to the RSI, but I imagine it can happen almost anywhere in your body.

I have been in the company of computers of every multiplicity for over 28 years, I’m 35 years of age and am a touch-typer (70 wpm), and I have not at all ever experience any RSI injuries and I don't even lift my wrist at what time I type. A number of people are more flat to this than others. You can found the proper solution about this on internet. I hope I clear your doubt. If you still have any doubt then you can share your ideas with me.

Hello thank you for your replies. Just wondering - do you make use of a case? I discover the unprotected ipad especially awkward to hold and carry for the reason that it's so slippery. My hand muscles appear to be tensed up every time very soon keeping a grip on top of it (a significant deliberation in support of a fragile $700 device). I pay money for the apple case and that resolve the difficulty. Its "grippy" surface is supposed to come as standard resting on the ipad.