Thread: HP Dv6000 won't power on after MB swap

HP Dv6000 won't power on after MB swap

I'm touchpad sound / control and a USB port on the left side and my ability to turn on or off the laptop with the power button (which will not start, either), but I could still run the computer laptop if you use the Quickplay buttons, and restart with F12 to boot itself. Then go into Windows and works fine (except the problems mentioned above). So, as any sensitive technology equipment, which replaced the motherboard? Unfortunately, I cannot come to power at all. I quadruple checked the connections and tried three different plates that I knew that to work before, including the one at fault, but still starts. So, I know I'm missing something really stupid, but what?

Re: HP Dv6000 won't power on after MB swap

There is an LED on the motherboard on the opposite side of where the power comes, and it lights up like it should. Without a battery, the charging light, as it should be off. I have also replaced the speaker bar that contains the various branches of the methods, the touch panel assembly, and because I had a spare, even replaced the circuit board enters the plug. Oh, and replacing the keyboard. The aim was to replace everything, and all that remains is the RAM sticks (both would leave at the same time) and the hard disk. However, the team would have to continue on with any of the related, I tried. Therefore, I changed everything you need and tried three different plates (plus one new), but I cannot supply. By the way, everything worked fine until CAREFULLY removed to fix this problem. Tell me what else you need to know to solve this. Thanks. I have made four trades above board and successful in this laptop, a successful update (and then down) to a DV9000 mb and built several of my own equipment and was a technical team for hardware and software for a couple of years, so my skill is not a problem.

Not marked, but everything worked fine (within reason) until he took the thing apart this last time. In addition, the battery was fully charged and has not done the trick. Thanks, however. I had not thought of that. The fact that three motherboards, including that it would work, all have the same problem which is really weird. That's why I replaced the circuit board the DC plug is less than the sum. I'm seriously at a loss here. Will I have a screw loose somewhere, and complete a land that is absolutely essential? I've been very thorough and no other screws or holes left empty.

I'll try another package I have and see. And what was the tragedy that is speaking? I've heard of people having troubles with the DV, but I never had any troubles until now. How on earth can three motherboards all the work? Most likely I'm missing a plug or screw somewhere. Does anyone know if it is even possible that the laptop uses a chassis ground to give the land as the old Ford truck before? Some who have a positive wire and screw blinkers in the frame. No need to run a second thread, because the chassis is negative. I refuse to accept that the 3 motherboards, including the recently acquired one and two, to my knowledge, to work, they all broke at once. There must be a logical explanation for this.

Google dv6000 and I find the history of disasters. The problems are built into this line and eventually must fail. It is built into the design. There are some who have not heard or read, and a few that I do not. The first group is easy to show points. The second group is best treated with kind words and nods, but we must separate from them, as it is a waste of time.

I have not heard of him, but I learned that this line has some problems. However, one would think that if my laptop was a lemon, would not have lasted nearly 5 years. In addition, I have hundreds (more?) Within hours of this and I swear its bombproof. I used it for navigation in the job for 3 years and let him run with different mapping programs all day, every day. In addition, because of where I work and what I do, I can not tell you how many times I have fallen heavy material on it, but fell on the floor, out of my f250, so sat on it had closed below overheating because it is 115 in the southern Arizona desert for 3 months a year. I like my laptop. Apart from that, the disaster or not, do you have any other ideas on why I can not activate? I tried my power pack and not others. I changed the MB battery, printed circuit board that connects the package, and speaker bar. The laptop will work if you put a screw in the right front corner, connect the monitor, and connect the speaker bar, but nothing works. All plate 3? Come on, something must be working.

"The laptop will work if you put a screw in the right front corner, connect the monitor, and" That makes me think about the problems of lead-free solder. That is another problem of moving unleaded today. You can investigate that, but the cure is not easy because the solder reflow chip per chip and hopefully fix it. Yes you can take in a field about 80 powers and inspect every square millimeter, but the time is not possible when in a store environment.