Thread: FaceTime does not work over Bluetooth

FaceTime does not work over Bluetooth

Hi guys, I am having an Apple iPhone 4. I am using a blue tooth earpiece Plantronics 925. Yesterday when I was having conversation with one of my friends, I was using the Bluetooth earpiece. Everything was fine with the Bluetooth device, but the problem aroused when I initiated Face Time. As soon as I initiated Face Time, the connection from the Bluetooth device was dropped and the voice was reverted to the phone. I tried everything to get the audio back into the Bluetooth earpiece, but I failed. Can anyone tell me what to do regarding this issue.

Re: FaceTime does not work over Bluetooth

Check if the Bluetooth connection is still active. Sometimes it happens that due to interference of radio wave, connection fails. Disable the Bluetooth from your iPhone and then try again to connect to the Bluetooth head set. Check whether the Bluetooth head set is powered on or not. Can you see any light blinking in the head set. Make sure that your Bluetooth head set is completely charged. If there is no light blinking in the head set, then it has turned off due to low charge. Charge it and then try to connect.

In your iPhone 4, search if there is any option available by which you can switch back to the Bluetooth headset. Check with the wired headphone and see if you are able to hear the conversation, with Face Time initiated. I am not sure whether your iPhone supports Bluetooth headset with Face Time initiated. Try it with different model of Bluetooth headset. Get one Jawbone icon headset and try with it. I think it will work with the Face Time. You can ask Apple support about it, I am sure3 they will help you

I think that Jawbone icon head set works with Face Time. I am also the iPhone user, and when I connect to the headset with Face Time initiated, I can see that the Bluetooth icon replaced the mute button during the call. When I pressed it, I found the option to select the sources, which also included Bluetooth headset. The Jawbone icon headset had no problem with Face Time because it supports A2DP. It doesn’t transfers phone audio but transfers the multimedia audio.