Thread: tips to extend life of iphone battery

tips to extend life of iphone battery

hello guys, I am having an Apple iPhone 3G not more than a month old. I am very much curious about the battery as most of the phone user complain that their phone battery dies after few months. When I purchased the phone I was told that it has 5 hour battery backup while talking continuously. Video Playback 7 hours,Audio Playback - 24 hours,
    Standby Time - 300 hours and web browsing-5 hours. Is there any tips on how can I improve the battery backup and extend the battery life. Everybody are welcome with their suggestions

Re: tips to extend life of iphone battery

Yes, it is very important that one should take care of his phone battery. Many often it so happens that people are not satisfied with the phone because of its poor battery performance. First and foremost thing is that you should avoid over charging your iphone 3G. over charging leads to overheating of battery and due to this reason the battery gets killed. Do not leave your phone plugged to the power source, unnecessarily. Even while you are using WiFi or browsing the internet, avoid charging unless it is required.

Make sure that you are not running any application when putting your iPhone in standby mode. When you are away from the phone, close all the applications and put it in standby mode. If the application keeps running in the background then it will completely drain the battery. Disable 3G and switch off the WiFi, when you are not using it. This will save much power and you will not need to charge it frequently. Avoid using 3G when there is weak 3G signal. In this case enable EDGE or use WiFi if it is available in your location.

If you have activated GPS service in your iPhone, and you don’t need it then disable Location services. Unless you disable it , the GPS antenna will be activated and continuously drain the charge of the battery. Make sure that Bluetooth function in your phone is always swithed off. You can switch it on, only when you need to connect your iPhone with any such devices. Avoid playing games in your iPhone as far as possible. Running this application, eats up most of the battery charge. While travelling you should enable the AirPlane mode to save battery power.

You should take special care when putting your phone on the charge. Always start charging when the phone notifies low battery and stop charging when it displays that the battery is full. Avoid charging your phone over night as it may over charge the battery and decrease its life. It may also heat up the phone hardware components and damage it. When you are at home avoid using. Initially you should charge the phone from the wall charger for three hours. Use original charger for charging your phone that came when you purchased it.

I was wandering, how I can extend the battery back up of my iPhone. But after reading this thread I got the answer. People always use to complain about the battery back up and standby of their phone. I also thought that Apple just boasts about the long battery backup, but its not true. Battery backup and standby depends upon the way we use the phone and charge the battery. I was unknown of the fact that nultimedia application like Games can also drain the battery charge rapidly. Thank you all, friends for making me aware of the charging tips and facts.