Thread: HTC EVO crashes after plugging in the HDMI cable

HTC EVO crashes after plugging in the HDMI cable

I had got this new HTC EVO with me and would say that I was really happy with it.It works really fine and there was no problem with it.But now the only problem it has started to encounter is that when I plug in the HDMI cable to my Onkyo HT-RC160 receiver it just doesn’t move ahead and crashes. But when I plug into the TV directly it works. So does anyone else have this problem? My TV only has one HDMI port so I can't plug it in directly all the time.Please do get back to me on this as this is really irritating me.

Re: HTC EVO crashes after plugging in the HDMI cable

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that I really don't think the receiver is supported yet. And I am saying this by even considering that this is one of the first cell devices with HDMI cables and came out quite a while ago.Also I would say that they probably will release an update to resolve issue such as this in the near future. I also do feel that this can be fixed in a software update.So this is what I feel you need to do to solve the problem that you are facing.

I think that you must be having only one HDMI port as well as on the your TV as well. Now as far as I am concerned you can although purchase TV’s with more than two HDMI ports and none on your computer. Also I would tell you that you need to disconnect your TV from your comcast DVR in order to connect the EVO. So this is something that you need to remember .Also I would say that I would love to have another TV as well or even a computer for that matter with dual or multiple HDMI ports and that would be really handy. So this is what I feel about it.

Even I had a similar kind of problem but then I just called the HTC people today and they told me that you could convert the HDMI micro type D cable with a HDMI to USB converter adapter plugged to the USB port of the TV and the EVO plugged to the micro HDMI part.So this is what we need to do to solve the problem that you are facing. They also said that this type of conversion would not work with the EVO only. So this is again something that is strange. But I guess that this is how it goes and you need to follow these instructions.

I am having many number of HDMI ports on my TV and hence I really don’t have any problem. I have a LG TV and every time I plug-in the HDMI cable to EVO there is no problem at all and it really works very fine.Maybe what you can do is that you can just take out the battery and restart it and see if it works fine for you or not. But I would say you that I just like the phone in many ways but there are some issues that need to be resolved before I start recommending it.So you can just use the solution that I have provided to you and hopefully it will work for you.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided to me and would say that these solutions will be definitely helpful for me. I hope that once I work on these solutions then they will really be handy for me. So this is I feel and would tell you that if this solutions does work out for me then I will definitely come back to you so that even others can use this solution to good effect.So finally I would like to say thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me t solve the query that I was in.