Thread: How to use the Motorola Defy as a modem

How to use the Motorola Defy as a modem

I have this phone Motorola Defy with me and have been really enjoying it while using it.Till now I guess that it is the best phone that I have ever used.But now I have been having certain problems with this phone. The issue is that the recently purchased motorola defy cannot act as a modem on my pc.This is the problem and if anyone can do let me know what I need to do then it would really be great.So do let me know immediately on this as I am waiting for the answers.

Re: How to use the Motorola Defy as a modem

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that I don’t think you would get a answer here.i feel that you just need to check this out on Google where you can find the proper solutions to this issue.Also I would tell you that according to the knowledge that I have there is no official way to tether your connection.So this is what I feel and you just have to check out for some more solutions and then all will be fine with you.

I guess that I have a solution to the question that you have put up but I am not very sure to how much that would be useful to you.What you can do is that you can just set it up as a Wi-Fi hotspot.And then once you do that what you can do is that you can then connect to it. I guess for more information what you can do is that you can check out the details that are in the manual which you can download.So this is what I feel you can do to solve the problem that you are having.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that this was expected by me.I was actually looking out for some solutions and now I have got them.i haven’t worked on them as of yet but I do feel that once I work on then then all will be fine with me.Also I would say that if there are some other solutions then do let me know them.Also if these solutions do work out for me then I will definitely let you know.

According to me the WiFi hotspot works in general only if you got the extra T-Mobile contract add on for it. Otherwise the chances of it are very low.SO this is what I feel about it.Also I would say that you can just go ahead with the Wi-Fi as I don’t find any harm using it.There is nothing wrong in it. But there are actually some drawbacks of this as well and those are that it uses up a lot of power. So you end up connecting your DEFY to a charger or laptop anyway. This is something that let you down. SO its completely up to you on how you need to do ahead with it.

I feel that the non-US variant has support for both the WiFi tethers and USB tethering. And I am very sure about this thing. Also I would say that the T-Mobile US variant does not have such thing with it. But somewhere in the T-mobile there was the statement that the 2.1 would not support tethering, and only 2.2 would introduce that.So this is what you need to remember .Also since the reference was explicitly to US variant it would mean that T-Mobile might enable this feature for paying customers with a 2.2 update.