Thread: unable to restore Apple software on iphone

unable to restore Apple software on iphone

Hello friends, I am having an Apple iPhone which I brought just a month back. Due to some reason my phone was freezing frequently. I don’t know exactly what it is, but when I was trying to restore the iPhone and iTunes, after few minutes the process just stuck in the middle. In thought it would resume but almost half an hour passed and nothing happened. Can anyone suggest me how do I get out of it and restore the phone again.

Re: unable to restore Apple software on iphone

Restoring the iPhone and its software usually takes time. Once you have started Restoring don’t try to interrupt it in middle other wise the files my corrupt. If it is stuck in the middle of the process, then wait for sometime before you take ant action. Still, if you find no progress, then pull it out, set it to DFU mode and then try it once again. If you are unable to restore then don’t try to do it forcibly. Take it to Apple service center and ask them restore your iPhone sofwares. They will fix the problem.

It may happen that your iPhone is jailbroken. Apple may have put the security updates that prevent the phone to be updated or restored after jailbreak. This could be the reason for the restoring process to stick up in middle. It may appear like you are restoring your iphone but actually it isn’t . Take it to the Apole support center and stae your problem. If the phone is jailbroken then it may void the warranty period, or may cause warranty period to be invalid.

If you have connected your iPhone to the laptop and it freezes during the restoring process, then disconnect it, pull out the USB cable and again try to reconnect it. If the process resumes then let it be restored completely. If not, then you can try it with another computer. I was having the same problem, but when I tried it with another computer, restoring was completed without any issue. You can also try by keeping the phone plugged to iTunes and then press and hold the power button with the home button for eight seconds. Now release the power button but keep holding the home button and restore again.

Try to uninstall the iTunes software and also some of the core files. Then try to restore your iPhone. If still there is restoring problem then delete the iTunes following this procedure. If you are using the Mac, then delete these files. /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework
    When you are done, restart the system and then install the iTunes latest version. Then try restoring again.

I was very tensed when I saw the behaviour of my iPhone which is hardly one month old. I thought that it proved to be worthless spending so much for the phone. But thanks to you guys for guiding me solve the problem. M iPhone was not jailbroken but still Iwas facing restoring problem. But finally with your help and support I was able to fix the issue. I just unnstalled the iTunes software and deleted “ /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework” from the system