Thread: iPhone 4 freezes while restoring it with ITunes.

iPhone 4 freezes while restoring it with ITunes.

Well guys I need your help I am an Apple iPhone 4 user, and I am having an issue with iPhone, everything was working fine but don’t what’s wrong now, yesterday I was restoring my iPhone but the iTunes didn’t allow me to restore the iPhone, it got stuck there for around half an hour and didn’t responding at all. This thing happened three times with me and every time I had remove it in the end and then it went to the recovery mode. Please help ,

Re: iPhone 4 freezes while restoring it with ITunes.

Hey thanks buddy for posting this query even I was looking for the same query, and I was about to post the thread but luckily I found this query, I am having the same problem in restoring me iPhone. I searched a lot over internet but I didn’t find any solution yet. So now I am thinking to take iPhone to the Apple, I have to restore due to jailbreak. And guys can you tell me that the support guys would be able to note that I am jailbroken? Because it’s possible that I am unable to get my iPhone restore.

Well this can happen if the iPhone is jailbroken. My friend had this problem with his iPhone, he called the Apple support staff but they weren’t getting the problem, his iPhone as also jailbroken so may be the trick he used can also work for you. Well first try to restore it and give it more time, keep it for 3 to 4 hours and if nothing pull it out then first put it into DFU mode and then try again to restore. May be this will work for you guys, all the best.

Well you can still try some things like try to restore on other MBP (same model as ours) if any of your friends have it, because it worked for me on my friends MBP. And you guys are not able to restore because Apple has the security updates to block the iPhone updates after jailbroken. And if you go to the Apple store don’t be surprised if the charge you “out of warranty” because you are jailbroken. Just try the other MBP otherwise I don’t think you guys have any other option.

I had the same issue with my iPhone, but don’t worry you have to just follow few steps and your problem will be solved. I am having Mac snow Leopard and I just uninstalled iTunes and some core files and the problem was solved. And if it doesn’t work for you and if you are a Mac user then delete the following files from your system after removing iTunes,
    1> System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework
    2> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework
    And after removing the above files restart your system and download the latest version of iTunes. And if you are Windows 7 or Windows OS user then first uninstall iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and after restarting download the fresh copy of iTunes and install it then try to restore.

Well I can’t believe this the above solution did the trick for me, I have posted same query on many other websites but I didn’t got any reply on those sites, I got some replies but those all were related to the software, there was no relation between those software and my problem. but the above given solution worked for me and now I am able to restore my phone. Thanks a lot guys for helping me out now I don’t have to pay to Apple to restore my phone.