Thread: Why Dell XPS 17 L702X is having 2 HD Drive Bays?

Why Dell XPS 17 L702X is having 2 HD Drive Bays?

I am tired of the fact that Dell XPS 17 L702X is having two hd drive bays and hence what I have to say is that what’s the need of two hard drive bays in it. Instead of adding the 2nd HD, can I make use of the space for anything else? According to me only one hard disk is enough for any laptops. So tell me or suggest me something else that I can make changes to the existing current laptop. So do reply I am waiting for your suggestions.

Re: Why Dell XPS 17 L702X is having 2 HD Drive Bays?

See if you are thinking about using the second HD for another purpose then let me tell you that you cannot use it for other purpose. It is a slot used for hard disk and it is used for that purpose only. So that’s what I wanted to inform you. If you want then you can leave that space empty and fine do not go ahead and install any hard disk there but you cannot use that space for adding something else. I hope you have got my point.

If you are talking about the use of that space then let me tell you if add any other additional hard disk then you can make use of that space for the restore points, backups, games, pictures, files etc and many other purpose. It is also useful for dual booting of the operating systems if you plan t use it in your laptop. So be careful if you are not knowing much about the usage of the second drive bay then do not make any nasty comments about it here.

Ok, got the point that you are trying to make. After reading your suggestions I have changed my mind now I am deciding to go ahead with the installation of the additional hard disk in the system. So what I want to say is that if I go ahead with the installation of the hard disks then what step should I ensure here. Should I directly install the hard disk in it or is there anything else that I should do? Please do give me some suggestions here I would be happy to get some response from your side.

First you will have to install the drive in the system, now go to the control panel and from there right click on it and format it and once you have done with that make sure that the drive is in perfect place after having done that check out for the latest drivers for the drive from the windows website and install it accordingly in the system and you will be done. So I hope you have got the appropriate solution that you were looking for.

You are a true genius thanks man for the solution let me tell you that really helped me out I was wondering whether there will be any complex procedure involved in it but that was not the case here and all thanks to you guys for helping me out here in such situation. Seriously i was not aware of some much advantages of having two drive bays in a laptop. So thanks for making me realize about the same and right now i am trying to implement what you have said to me yesterday.