Thread: API Reference for widgets in Samsung S8500 Wave bada

API Reference for widgets in Samsung S8500 Wave bada

I am having a Samsung S8500 Wave bada and now actually I am developing some widgets for Samsung Wave but I have a few questions. The issue is that I have seen a widget that uses the method widget.application.launchNavigationApp () but I didn’t get any information for it at all. What are all of the methods and properties of widget object supported for this device?Please do get back to me on this as I am looking for the answers and that will help me to built the widget that I am looking for.

Re: API Reference for widgets in Samsung S8500 Wave bada

I just had a look at the question that you have given and would say that I really found it very interesting.The thing is that what you are trying to create a new widget is actually very interesting. Now coming back to the question that you have put up I would say that the widget.application.launchNavigationApp is not a public API and hence that is the reason why it is not documented. SO this is the only thing I can tell you about this question.

I think that you can launch various applications with the bondi API. In those bondi API you will get whatever information that you want and then all the queries will be solved immediately. Also one more thing you can do is that you can review the full API set at the web site of Samsung mobiles and then all will be fine with you and there wont be problems at all.So I guess that once you use these solutions then there wont be any problems at all.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have put up and would say that this is something that I was looking out for.I just went through then and haven’t yet used them as of yet. But I am sure that once I use them then all will be fine with me. Also I would say that if there are some other solutions that I can use then please do get back to me as they might be useful to me.Also I will surely get back to you if these solution does work for me.

I think that you can go ahead with using bondi API but you can launch only few which are available in Native mobile. Also I would say that the installed applications cannot be launched as this feature is not supported in wave. Also going ahead I can say that as development process is going on and we will update this feature in future.So right now you just have to follow this instructions and then all will be fine with you.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have put up and would say that this is something that I didn’t even expect to work and it did work for me .I used the same solutions that were mentioned out there and they came out well for me.So finally I would like to thank you for the solutions and suggestions that you provided to me to solve the query that I was facing.Also I would say that if any one wants to use a similar kind of solutions then do go ahead with it.