Thread: Unable to check data usage on iPad2.

Unable to check data usage on iPad2.

Well guys I am having iPad2 from last 3weeks I wasn’t accessing the net in the beginning, for data usage I have iPad AT&T data plan. From the last one week I started using internet on the iPad2 but when I tried to check the data usage on my iPad2 AT&T I got the following error “Your account type does not support the view account feature. (H5006)”. Guys please help me out at least I want to know the data usage else may be I will exceed the limit.

Re: Unable to check data usage on iPad2.

Well dude same thing happened with my iPad AT&T account I wasn’t able to check the data plans so I called the support staff and they told me that it’s not a device problem something is wrong with sim cards, so I just swapped the AT&T sim cards and I used internet with that sim card and when I checked the data usage it was there, so in my case it was a issue with SIM card so buddy just use another AT&T SIM card maybe there is SIM issue.

Guys it depends on the account you have for AT&T, after reading this post I searched on internet for the similar query to check the data usage and I have found that, the data usage facility doesn’t work for the postpaid user, I know this is really annoying even after a postpaid customer you won’t be able to check the data usage for your account but its true at least according many other tech forums related websites, so if you are postpaid user you can’t check the data usage.

Yeah that’s right you won’t have access to check the data usage for your account if you are a postpaid user, but there is a way to check the 3G data usage even if you are having an AT&A postpaid account.First you have to got the “Settings” and then in the “General” and there will be an option called “Usage” and uder that “Cellular Network data”. I am having an postpaid account I am using it from last one month and till now I am able to check my data usage.

Well to get the data usage you have to get a prepaid SIM, go to AT&T store and deactivet the account and buy a new Micro-SIM. And just follow the following steps to check the data usage on your device.
    1> If there is “No service” then “reset all” on the iPad. Only settings will be changed no data in the iPad will be affected.
    2> No you will get “3G” indicator in place of “No service”.
    3> Now got to “Cellular Data” and then “View account” now setup details like email, address, name etc. for the prepaid account.
    4> You can check this usage on website “att” by visiting it and entering the same email and password which you entered in step (3) or else you can check it from the iPad.

Well after reading this replies I called the AT&T support and they said that they will give a new Micro-SIM with a prepaid account, that is much better because even if I cross the limit the usage will be in the prepaid balance limit, it won’t exceed from that limit but with postpaid I won’t any idea how much data usage I am accessing it and it will be carried on till the month end so I am swapping the post paid SIM with a Prepaid SIM. And thank you guys for suggesting me this answer.