Thread: Unable to delete photos from iPad2.

Unable to delete photos from iPad2.

Hello guys I have iPad2, I am using it from last two weeks I didn’t had any problem while using it but one thing I am not able do is to remove the photos. I have synchronized my iPad2 with the MBP running OS 10.5.8 and with the iTunes 10.2. I have imported some photos from iPhoto and tried to remove the photos but I couldn’t find the proper options, I can’t select or deselect the photos from my iPad2 to remove some pictures, please help.

Re: Unable to delete photos from iPad2.

Well mate I don’t have iPad2 but I have iTunes on my PC, and I guess the functionality will be quite same on both the devices. So check in the “Library” option is there a listing for the photos on the left hand side. And if you want to delete the photos from iPad2 and don’t want to unsync, then you have to delete them from iPad2 only. I do the same thing when I want to delete some Apps, or audio files I go to Library and then I delete them from here, just check there will be some options in the Library.

Well dude it’s quite simple to delete the photos from the iPad2, you don’t have to follow some new or other kind of procedure to remove the pictures. Its first you have to go to the iTunes and then in the “Photo tabs” and then you have to select the events, albums which you want to delete you can also delete the pictures from album manually, so just follow the above given instructions and then you will be able to delete the pictures which you don’t want in your iPad2.

Thanks for posting this query and thanks to the members who are trying to help us out because I am having same issue while deleting the pictures from my iPad2. I followed the above both the given solution but nothing yet worked for me. When I tried the second solution all the events were greyed out, I am not able to select or deselect to remove them from my iPad. Please share the solution, Is there any way by which I can delete the whole album or the pictures individually.

Well guys I don’t think the above instructions will work for you because I have just found the solution for the issue you guys are facing and you just have to follow few easy steps, and the steps are as follows
    1> Open the “Saved photos” from the “Photo albums”.
    2> Now you have to tap on the arrow button which is at top right on the, this will give you “delete” option.
    3> Now you can select the photos which you want to dlete.
    4> Now tap on the “Delete” button.
    5> And after that you have to confirm the “Delete photos”.

Well first of all I want to thank all of you for taking concern on my query, users of this sites are really very quick in responding and very helpful too, whereas on other sites I have to wait for 1 week to get a reply. But the scenario is different here I got the solution in few minutes. Well I tried all the above solution but two of them didn’t work for me. But final solution worked for me, I deleted the unwanted pictures from iPad2. Thank you,

I'm having the same issue. However I have tried to delete using the above instructions and the red delete button is not working - I can copy, print, send to mobileme - everything but delete the pics.

Are there some other solutions? I'm almost ready to format this thing, which seems like it would be a major waste of time.

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. However I have tried to delete using the above instructions and the red delete button is not working - I can copy, print, send to mobileme - everything but delete the pics.

Are there some other solutions? I'm almost ready to format this thing, which seems like it would be a major waste of time.

Thanks.
    There are essentially two albums in the Photos app, "Saved Photos" and "Photo Library.” There can be extra albums within the Photo Library. The just way to obtain photos in and out of the Photo Library is by performing sync. There will be a delete key that can emerge in certain views of it, but it will not work in the Photo Library albums.

I just did this today: Connect ipad2 to computer via itunes. Go to Photos tab.
    Select folder that has your photo folders (mine is in Pictures). Select the button to sync photos from selected folders. Check the box by any folder to add photos. Uncheck a box to remove that folder of photos from the ipad2. I found that if you uncheck all of them, however, it may tell you that your apps might be removed too. I leave a small folder of pictures in there to prevent this.

One more thing: press the Apply button on the lower right of the screen and the ipad2 will start syncing. The Cancel button previously mentioned, seems to only apply to pictures taken with the ipad2 cam, so syncing with your computer appears to be the easiest way to add or remove pic folders from your device.

As per the manual given for deleting photos from ipad, all you need to do is delete photos from the Saved Photos album, which contains photos you save from email or the web. For photos synced from your computer, you need to delete the photo from the album on your computer, then sync iPad again.