Thread: Unable to charge iPad2 using the USB.

Unable to charge iPad2 using the USB.

Hello guys I have purchased I a iPad2 in the last week, and the problem with this is I am not able to charge by using the USB port of the system. I have Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard and this doesn’t charge the iPad2. But when I put my iPhone to charge the there is no issue with it so it’s definitely putting out the power. I used a Voltmeter which is putting out 5.05V and it charges the iPad and when I connected it to the MacBook and checked the power out of MacBook it was 5.15V. Guys please help me out, is that .10V causing this problem?

Re: Unable to charge iPad2 using the USB.

Hey thanks for posting this query because even I am facing the same problem I am not able to charge the iPad2 using the USB port of my PC. My PC is quite old and I don’t have USB2.0, but when I tried charge the iPad using the iMac 2010, then iPad was charging. I don’t have much knowledge of these gadget is it due to the older version of my PC or there is something wrong in my system. Please help me out, is there anyway by which I can charge the iPad2 using my PC.

Hey mate I had same problem with my iPad when I tried to charge it using the USB port I wasn’t able to charge it but when plugged in it to the wall outlet with the charger then it was working, I have emailed this issue to the Apple and they said that there some problem with the systems USB port so some USB won’t charge the iPad, and I think same thing is happening with you so dude just charge you device with wall outlet, some USB port won’t charge it.

Guys I am big fan of Apple gadgets and I am using it’s device from long time from iPhones to iPad2, and the issue with the iPad model because some models require high power USB port they won’t charge on the low power USB port. The power brick which comes with an iPad gives 10watt power supplies but with some iPhones the only 5watt of power supply comes. I think in your case the PC motherboard doesn’t support the high power requirement needed to charge the iPad2.

Yeah that can be the case some motherboard doesn’t provide proper power which can charge the iPad2. And some iPhone and iPad models have different power supply requirements so maybe that’s why its happening with both of you guys. And there is some other alternative you can use, just switch off the screen of iPad2 and then put it on charging because some low power USB ports doesn’t charge when the screen is on. If you will switch on the screen you will get “not charging” message.

I heard about this site from my colleagues that the users of this site are very active and helpful, but I never took their suggestions into consideration but this site is really awesome and the users are very quick too, well this was second or third time I posted a query and every time I got replies very quickly. And the last solution worked for me when I tried to charge iPad2 after screen switch off. So thanks a lot guys for helping me out.