Thread: Apple iPad2 edge is physically damaged.

Apple iPad2 edge is physically damaged.

Guys I have bought a new iPad2 3G in the last week, everything is working fine and I don’t have any issue with applications and with its working, the problem is there splits at the edge or the rubber stripe around the iPad2 is coming out, which between the front glass body and the metal back, I didn’t noticed it while purchasing it, I bit worried because since it’s a physical damage to the device, Apple might not take my device into the warranty conditions. Please share your experience or suggestions.

Re: Apple iPad2 edge is physically damaged.

It will be better if you provide can us the picture of the iPad2 , because by only explanation it’s not clear to me that what happened with your iPad2 I am having iPad 3G with Wi-Fi after reading your post I just checked mine but everything is fine with my device. May be you have dropped it somewhere and due to that your device might got damaged and the edges are coming out, well only you know this thing and there will be some scratches on the device, check may be someone else have dropped it.

Hey this is exactly what I was looking for, I was about to post a thread about this issue but I thought how the users will help me out on the issue, but now I know that at least by this thread we got know that this is a problem from manufacturer side or maybe we damaged it. And after reading this thread I think there is something wrong from the manufacturer side but still I am not sure, if anybody have the same problem please share your experience here.

Well don’t worry guys even I think its manufacturer problem because after reading this thread I have gone through some others sites and on the Apple site and I found that there is similar issue with the iPad2 similar kind of splits on the edges. Some other issues like bleed, speaker crackle and the battery is also draining quickly. Same thing happened with my friend’s iPad 16GB Wi-Fi and he got the replacement after two weeks, so just call the support team or visit the service center. They will give you the refund or they will replace your device with a new one.

Thanks a lot guys for posting your experience and suggestions here, because I was very much worried about this thing since it was physical damage and I can’t afford to pay for a physical damage in week because I just purchased it with my part time job salary. But after reading the query on the Apple forums and the posts on this sites user I was quite sure that something is wrong from the manufacturer side, so I called them and they said that they will give me refund after two weeks. Finally the problem is solved I will purchase a new one. Thank you,