Thread: Windows Mobile firmware upgrade for HTC HD2

Windows Mobile firmware upgrade for HTC HD2

this is for people like me who bought their Htc Hd2 on T-mobile. They have released a software upgrade as in firmware. you can visit at t-mobile.com upgrade for the firmware upgrade download. keep in mind that this new firmware version 2.13.531.1 will replace the already existing version 2.10.531.1 on your phones, please be careful and take complete backup of the device before you go for this upgrade and save all your personal data from the phone as it might reset and go back to factory settings.

Re: Windows Mobile firmware upgrade for HTC HD2

15 minutes ago i downloaded the exact update , and i m forced into thinking that it is back after good public response lolzzz. it is a 209mb which is openly available at t-mobile website now the question arises that will it lock my phone if i install the upgrade, i need the phone to be unlocked as i need to be able to put different sim's in it because i travel a lot. i can only use the phone if the rom is unlocked.

i also upgraded the phone with the t-mobile upgrade the first feature of the upgrade that came to my attention was that the device was able to charge via data cable on the other hand it never used to do that before now it is able to charge as well using the data cable.so that is certainly good the phone is the same except for that and just has been filled with even more utilities than before. it just feel like a transformer ready for work right of the box.

the phone has a setting to turn on the charging while connected to pc via universal serial bus it has no connection with the firmware update,just go and tap at the battery icon of the phone and there a notification will come up and in that notification you will see the icon of the battery just tap on that it will lead you to an option over the battery settings and from there you can enable the charge when connected via usb mode and you will be able to charge the phone without the update and also on the old firmware.

i bought the HD2 had it for a few weeks but was never ever bothered with the pink effect of the camera. it has come to my attention that individuals who where using the camera on the phone did not let the phone to adjust (auto focus,etc) and where really impatient about taking the pictures it take time for the camera to adjust with the light conditions and then if you take the pictures you will see the difference.i have noticed that they have still come up with upgrades for the camera utilities and think that the camera might have problems after all and my suggestion to all those who are using the phone is that they should consider reading the phone manual and guidance chapters which are available with the phone and they will find most of their questions answered just by doing that.

i used to own the htc hd2 for sometime and i too think that the phone is really amazing with all it neat hardware qualities. but i was not able to keep it for long as it had many signal related issues and the windows mobile 6.5 and the scene user interface over it. it seemed to be a lot of hassle the phone opened in two ways. but was fool enough to not have realized it earlier and sold the phone now i am left with the n95 8gb granted its old but works fine for me and i would never prefer going for an apple iphone.