Thread: Zen MX not recognizing WAV files

Zen MX not recognizing WAV files

Unable to use Centrale software to import WAV files from PC because it does not list it as a supported file in watch. (This is odd to me because it is a listed file that is suported on the player) So drag and drop directly in player and the files do not show in the player. But if you go to my computer and look under Zen E drive they are there. They play fine on the PC. Have them all in a directory by themselves on the C drive. Have looked at previous post on this but not much help. E-mailed Creative tech support but they don't seem too much on the ball. Any suggestions?

Re: Zen MX not recognizing WAV files

The player does play WAV files however WAV files do not contain MetaData which is what the player reads. If you switch to All Tracks you will find the WAV files listed & they will play. Try using Windows Media Player to sync the file then look for in again in the all tracks. Creative Centrale doesn't seem to work as well as other media managers.

Been there done that. I imported a WAV file into the Zen player using drag and drop and put it in all areas under music, imported music, and play list. I still don't know why Central doesn't support WAV files? Doesn't make sense. I look in all areas under music on the player and they are not to be found. Check under my computer e drive Zen and they all show up. When you check under Central Zen E they all show up listed under Zen player. When you double click on one of them it plays just fine under Central but not to be found when you try to play them on the Zen MX. One message came up when in Central saying they are not tagged properly. I don't need to search by artist, etc. Just want them in there to play.

The reason is the answer I gave you. WAV files DO not contain MetaData if you go to a MP3 file on your computer & right-click the file, choose properties, details that is the info that the player reads. Do the same with a WAV file & there you will see the difference. There is NO MetaData. From the Music menu on the player choose "All Tracks" that will be where you will find them on the player

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply to this. More than I can say for Creative tech support. Sorry to disappoint you but the only one that shows up under all tracks on the player is the MP3 file I also put on the player through the Centrale software. I have check every menu item under Music on the player and nowhere does it show up even though I drag and dropped it in several places on the player. I could convert all of them to MP3 files but I do not have a space problem and I would like to have the benefit of a better WAV file. Thanks.

Well thank you for all of your efforts. Did the synch and it did transfer the file over but no play in the Zen. Can't even see the file. When you bring up the Zen player in my computer and look it is there E:\music folder and then the file. If you click on the file in the Zen player, Microsoft player comes up and it plays just fine. But not in the player. I have to try to get Creative tech support on the phone because the e-mail variety just doesn't have it together.