Thread: 2001 Nomad Jukebox

2001 Nomad Jukebox

I have a nomad jukebox from around 2001. The laptop that I had the software on was stolen. So now I can't get my other computer to recognize the player. I can't find the original installation disk and have no clue about what to do. I have looked around for a replacement installation disk with no luck. Can anyone out there please help me get my player back online?

Re: 2001 Nomad Jukebox

i got ie8 and now have all suggested downloads on my computer and my nomad is still not being recognized. I’m using xp on a dell laptop with max memory installed and a large hard drive with ATI rage and i Microsoft media player installed when i plug my nomad to the computer with usb cable i get a new hardware found message then i get the install wizard that asks for an installation disk to be loaded i do not have that disk. so ultimately the install wizard tells me it is unable to install the new found hardware then i get a message that reads new found hardware will not work properly when i go to "my computer" to see what is installed the nomad is not shown as being plugged to the computer i think i need the original installation disk is there somewhere i might be able to buy this disk or get my nomad to plugnplay without it? Also i have other peripherals that i have no problem plugging to the computer

What internet browser are you using? Try using Windows IE 8? Did you install the driver first before you connected the player? Connect the player & open Device Manger find it in the list right-click on the player & see what it says. You can download the driver on to your desktop & when it asks for the CD point Windows to install the driver you down loaded.

Hi i don't know how many versions of xp there are. oh wait i have the home edition and i have SP 1, 2 and 3 with media player 11 on my computer and i have tried with and without being connected even though when you download the driver it tells you to make sure the nomad is connected and turned on. As i said earlier the computer does not recognize the player so there is no right click available.

When i plug my nomad to the computer with usb cable i get a new hardware found message then i get the install wizard that asks for an installation disk to be loaded. i do not have that disk. so ultimately the install wizard tells me it is unable to install the new found hardware then i get a message that reads new found hardware will not work properly when i go to "my computer" to see what is installed the nomad is not shown as being plugged to the computer. In other words it’s not recognized by the computer.