Thread: Poor sensitivity on the proximity sensor in HTC HD 7

Poor sensitivity on the proximity sensor in HTC HD 7

Hello everyone, I am facing some problem in my HTC HD 7 which is a T mobile. The problem which I am facing is quite annoying. I am having some problem with the sensitivity of touch screen, I seeing that sensor in is not working properly, so I wanted ask that is it a internal error or any change in the setting? In order to get touch screen, there are three ways to dial number, either I have to tilt my cell phone horizontally or extend it out 2 feet from my face. I am feeling very bad that I don’t know what happened to my cell phone? Please help me!

Re: Poor sensitivity on the proximity sensor in HTC HD 7

Hello, I have gone through to your problem and I must say that this is the issue of the proximity sensor. Some time it happens that due to some reason proximity sensor gets low and it doesn’t give you good clarity. It kicks in within a few inches. You might have the problem of screen lagging when it comes back, when you pull the phone from ear. As per my knowledge you must apply the default factory setting to your phone and check whether it is working for you or not. All the best! Try to avoid this kind of error.

Hello everyone, well looking at your problem, I also wanted to share some of the information about my experience with HTC HD 7. I was having the same problem in my cell, even you won’t believe that it was not just useful and voice mail was also the pain for me. I tried factory settings and even I tried Hard Reset of the phone but nothing worked for me. So as per my experience and opinion you should quit this phone and go with any other HTC model, many HTC cell phones have good sensor quality. If you want you can check on internet. All the best!

Hello everyone, hey man I must tell you that HTC HD 7 is not that bad. I am completely agreed with you and also I can understand your feeling, as I have also suffered through the same situation. But my opinion is that, you might not know that HTC gives good service, just log a complain to HTC, they will replace the cell phone with the same model. When I did this, the next phone which I got was wonderful, it means that error was not the phone defect, actually it was sensor error. So just do this I hope you will also solve your problem. So all the best and enjoy the technology.

Hey friends, above every posts are true and I am completely agreed with you all. When I was using the same phone it seems to be having similar issue. Even my issue was like when someone calls me or when I call to someone, my phone was suddenly going on blank screen until it hands up automatically. After that I did complain in HTC company, as my cell phone was in warranty, they gave me replacement. The replacement worked for me for 2 months and then again some new problem started. So quit that phone. So as per my suggestion do what you want, don’t be afraid of trying new and new things. Enjoy the technology.

Hey thanks a lot you all to reply on my post. I have exactly done the same which you have mentioned in the above all post. I tried factory settings, after that I tried Hard and Soft Reset of cell phone. It worked for me till 2 to 3 hours. Again I was disappointed with the phone, and after that I came to know that my cell phone is in warranty period, so I have logged a complain to HTC and they also replied me that they will give me replacement. So let see what happens with me with the replacement. Thanks a lot again.