Thread: Poor wifi reception in Apple iPhone 4

Poor wifi reception in Apple iPhone 4

I just need to know how many of them present here are having an issue with the wifi reception in iPhone 4, I just had a check at the iPhone 4 which I got it two days ago, the first thing I wanted to check is the wifi reception quality. So I just checked it in the wifi zone and the signal strength that I was getting was not so encouraging. The signal was showing only one bar out of three even if I was close to the wifi router, that was really very disappointing for me and as I just moved away from router the signal strength completely diminished. It really made me feel sad then. I was expecting much better service from the apple people but the results do not seem to be encouraging. So I just need to know is there anyone who has the same problem or I am the only one with the same problem. Please reply.

Re: Poor wifi reception in Apple iPhone 4

Sorry buddy but that’s not the case with me I am getting some really good reception with my iPhone 4 and I must say that the results are quite encouraging. Even I am at a good distance from the router then also it gives me a good signal strength, I think there is some problem with your iPhone 4 that you have got and my advice would be to report the problem to the nearest apple center and ask them for a replacement.

See you cannot blame the iPhone 4 for that it also depends on the service provider that is providing the service have you tested the wifi reception in other places or not? If yes then is the results same there also. See you cannot conclude that the iPhone 4 is having a very bad wifi reception because you have just checked with the single service provider, go to some other place and find out from there if you are able to get something from there or not. So do go ahead and try it out.

Well I have not checked with the other service providers but I have seen some of my other friends devices like iPhone 3G they all receive a good signal there and they have a very good signal reception. So that’s when I got worried about my iPhone 4. I noticed some others also who were having iPhone 4 and even they got a good signal strength. If you want then I will see in some other place but it would be very discouraging to get that same result there also. Now you only tell me what should I do?

Why don’t you try with the resetting of the network settings, just give it a try and see if it solves your problem or not. I also tried out the same method and that helped me a lot. I had some problem with my 3G connection some days ago and now it has finally got solved. So that’s why I am suggesting you the same method for you as well. Just give it a try and get back to me whether it worked or not. So all the best.

Ok, now having a talk with the apple people would be the last option for me it seems because the cases that you have described did not prove to be true in any of the case. So that’s why it did not work out with me. Anyways if you have got some other good solution for me then they are indeed welcomed. So any other solutions then please do reply it here it would be nice to hear something more from you all. Waiting for more solutions.