Thread: Is digital compass present in all HTC HD2 ?

Is digital compass present in all HTC HD2 ?

Hello friends. I hope you all are doing well. Just got my 12th standard result and got respectable marks for myself . Consequently, got a new mobile phone from my mom as a token of love. She got me a HTC HD2 . Really superb phone to have for myself . However, the issue is that there is no set destination button on the compass. Suggestions from your side will be really nice. Thanks in advance for taking out time and replying for me.

re: Is digital compass present in all HTC HD2 ?

Hey dude you can contact to T-mobile tech department. They may guide you in a proper direction. Also, you can call on HTC and ask them what can be the problem . However , I have heard that T- Mobile have removed the specific function in order to select a destination. However, talks are going on that they will be putting it back on to the application. I am unsure about it so better check it out with someone and then come up with conclusions.

Hey brother. Firstly, heartiest congratulations to you for scoring good marks in your HSC exams and then to get a gift from your mom is just an amazing feeling. However, looking at your post I am a bit perturbed. I too have a HTC HD2 with me and also have the digital compass facility. Thus, there is set destination button on my device. I don’t why you are unable to see it. Just thought to let u know that my case is different than yours even though we use the same mobile phone.

Hey brother, I have got a superb solution for you will surely help you out as per your query. Basically, you will be required to download duttys digital compass from the internet. It is fairly easy to do that process. Then you will have to copy it to your SD card and then run it. Thus, in the process, you will finally be able to set the destination which you were looking for. Also, latitude and longitude will be perceptible to you. Surely give a try to the above procedure.

Hey buddy. I am doing well and hoping same is the case with you. Well, I have a solution to your query. You can surely give a try. Basically, you are required to download a .cab file from the internet. Doing that would be fairly easy. Then you will have to turn off the HTC sense. Don’t forget to turn it off, else error would be displayed. After doing that I feel things will be fine and then edit. After clicking on set destination you will be guided wherever you want.

Re: Is digital compass present in all HTC HD2 ?

Hey I would like to enlighten you on digital compass. I know, you are unable to see it on your phone but in case in future if needed, it will help you. You are required to open compass app and then select set destination. Thus the position with the GPS will be located and Google maps will be seen. Wherever you wish to go, just tap on that. You will then be able to see a green dot in the compass application. In order to get your destination, you will be required to follow the path of the green dot.