Thread: Office type applications for ipad 2

Office type applications for ipad 2

Does anyone have iworks on their ipad 2, want to able to read and edit excel, word and also PowerPoint. Does iworks do that i have just bought this new ipad 2 and want to use it for my daily tasks is it efficient enough to give all the comforts of the office computer if yes then what are the applications that can prove useful for my needs the ipad is fabulous and all but i am new to be able to know about all the applications in the store so want your opinion on what application should i get for my uses.

Re: Office type applications for ipad 2

You must need to be aware of how different mobile applications do alter the Microsoft Office files that you are trying to edit. The mobile applications are not so compatible with all the feature that excel or Word especially Excel so you see there might be an issue with you saving the files it might not be able to preserve the files as they are in the Microsoft excel or the word. You may end up losing some formatting over the files.

Well there are many Offices like applications available like Documents to Go, Office2 HD etc. but when compared to applications available for desktops there is very limited functionality which they support especially when you think about functions or supporting non-basic formatting. Only if the spread sheets and documents you require to edit are simple it would not bother you at all.

It depends what your uses are on the spread sheets or documents. I mostly use it for editing spreadsheets and the Office2HD is able to work out with all the formulas I use, long formulas which encompass concatenating text in cells and including lookup tables adding in some extra stuff and converting to lower case. It also does let you freeze rows and columns. i had a chat with the developer and they proved very helpful. i was having issues with the sorting but now all of it has been sorted out nicely.

I enjoy working on my tab i am using iWork, have done much work on it including presentation via keynote, invoicing on the move, edited and sent out some Curriculum Vitae. Just enjoy using it. But if you use a desktop it is not for you In My Humble Opinion since you cannot do anything with the files it creates besides the PDFs. As I use a Mac that's a whole different story. With luck all my corporate font selection are the same as that what are installed on my iPad so everything looks just right every time