Thread: how to delete iphone safari search history

how to delete iphone safari search history

hello. i use safari as my browser with the yahoo and Google search engines which i installed the plug ins and am using over it all the words that i type in them are still present in the search field i tried to clear the cache, removed all the cookies, and wiped all the history off the safari using the settings. it still show me the old searched word that i typed in the search field. i have even tried using yahoo and then again coming back to Google but still was regrettable unsuccessful. please help me get rid of this problem.

re: how to delete iphone safari search history

Even if you might have smartly typed the name in a way that no one could point a finger at you still the Safari browser will keep showing the URL in the address bar. this is a built in feature encompassed into safari. try to Deleting the bookmark by using from Safari and using an application like 1password . It uses a integrated browser and when you use this the browser wont come to know about the bookmarks and so will not be able to save them as bookmarks. your browsing habits will remain a secret

When ever anyone tries to clear the browser history from the browser when ever any one clicks on the back button the last visited page shows up itself, the visited sites URL is only saved on the iphone the phone only deletes the text content of the website, it is not programmed to delete all the history from the browser by itself. what i am trying to say here is if you clear the history the cache or the history it will still load the old page when the back button is clicked.

even i have been facing the same problem. only Some of your solutions work, some don't. At one time all I had to do was press "clear history" in Safari and all the pages were erased. Why is no one talking about getting it work like it's supposed to instead of the temporary solutions that may work once or twice then the problem returns. I do not want to do six steps whereas one used to work. Does anyone know of a real way to make the damn thing work like the first day I got it? I'm tired of tricks and band-aids.

if you want to solve the above mentioned problem only deleting the history from the safari browser wont do any good it can only delete the history, this method cannot be used to delete the pages (your problem).
    just to clarify my point go to any two pages of Google and delete the history when you will click on the address bar you will be able to see the site again. i tried your way but it is of no help at all .