Thread: Which player to use for 720p MKV video on ipad 2

Which player to use for 720p MKV video on ipad 2

Hello everyone, did anyone have any leads with playing 720p MKV file on their ipads I have tried OPlayer By olimsoft and i have not been successful. i know i could convert the 720p mkv files to mux files, still i would prefer my ipad 2 to be able to play mkv files as and when i require them. so did anyone make any progress with BUZZ Player By BUGUN Software, i want to be able to use this as i am travelling so airplay is not a good option. It would be very nice if someone could come up with a solution for this please if you are using any player which supports MKV file on ipad 2 please post the name of the player.

re: Which player to use for 720p MKV video on ipad 2

Just convert all the MKV files to mp4 don’t you think this would be much then trying to find an mkv player for the ipad. You can use 4Media Video Converter for ios for this or if you still think that it would be better to have just a player supporting mkv on the pad you could always try on and on but i doubt you will be able to find any. i myself have searched for such a player but there is no other option it seems so best of luck doing that.

The MKV files work on the ipad i own one and have been using it for playing 720p files, the video seems to get very choppy and so i am not able to watch the mkv files over the ipad. I think this is because it only uses just the software processing and not the hardware processing. There is a probability that if jail broken the ipad might be able to take the full use of the hardware acceleration it truly is capable of.

I have been very disappointed with the iPad 2's performance as a one stop media device. The mux file that i made from the mkv files where seriously bad when it came to audio performance. The video works as it is supposed to but the audio is just not able to play with the video it is not at all what i had expected with the ipad. The xvids are also not able to play nicely on the i pad i have used other players for playing these file but the audio never seems to be in sync with the video. The ipad is really great when it comes to other features but the media player is just not up to the mark.

In my opinion the ipad is a great media player. Yes it is very fussy when it comes to playing the format H.264 + AAC + AC3. just stick with the Handbrake ATV2 presets for encoding/decoding movies and if you have an AppleTV2 you can use Airplay and it'll play with the AC3 digital Dolby 5.1 or AAC stereo soundtracks’ prefer much for a player that should be able to play one of the best format rather than getting tangled with the quagmire of very old codec’s from the past