Thread: Upgrading to iPad 4.2.1 cannot use ifile and a flash drive

Upgrading to iPad 4.2.1 cannot use ifile and a flash drive

Good Day to all of you, it has been a long while since I have posted anything on this forum, I know that this forum will surely provide me the results that I would want, so here again I have come up with some problem that I am facing with the iPad of mine after I have upgraded it. The problem is that as soon as I upgraded my iPad I found that I was not able to use the ifile and a flash drive with the camera connection kit where as this was not the case earlier, so guys can some one help me to know why is this happening and what should I really do to solve this problem.

Re: Upgrading to iPad 4.2.1 cannot use ifile and a flash drive

Hey I have installed the same updated version of the jailbreak Operating system on my iPad and I have found that I was able to do it successfully, I am able to run the ifile and even my usb is getting detected without any problem as such. Though I wasn’t able to get the connection successful at the first instant and after that I eventually decided to update the iPad again just to make sure that the operation was successful this time around and I did manage to get the iPad running with the new version of the jailbreak operating system running smoothly on my iPad. So try installing the operating system again and see if you are able to get it correct it this time around.

Hey I have also upated my iPad and have come to know that there is some kind of problem with the update, although I am to get the usb detected but I have found out that there is something wrong with the update or is it that there is a bug in the same. Although my Usb gets detected but the thing is that the same takes too much of a time to load and that sometimes if copy to and from the usb onto or to my iPad sometimes the operations suddenly stops or sometimes it really takes a long time to get itself completed. I think that there could some problem with the update itself which we should be avoided, if any one having some other solution then please provide me.

Check out the battery that are having in your iPad and see if it is up to the mark to handle whatever external device that you are trying to connect to the iPad. Keep the battery well charged since you are connecting the external hardware to it and also at the same time make sure that you replace your battery at ever internal of time since the battery might have got drained after certain interval of use. You have mentioned that there is some kind of problem with the speed of the data transfer of your file and that is why I think that there could be a problem of the battery or that the usb might itself be corrupted.

Hey what I believe that since there are most of the guys that are facing this problem with the update of the jailbreak operating system on their iPad then what I feel is that we will need to carry out the changes in the jailbreak operating system itself so as to get the problem that we are facing with the operating system. It has come to my notice that the problem that every one is facing is not unique there are some who are not able to get the usb detected and there are others that are facing some other kind of problem. So I think that we have to wait for some time before the Apple only removes all the faults that are there in the operating system or we have to do it by ourself.

Let me spread some enlightinment.

After the jailbreak I noticed that many of my flash drives would no longer work with my Ipad JP Ifile combo. I did get many noticed that the device was using too much power. I was able to get a few 1 gig usb cheapy give away sticks to work but was depressed that my 16g sandisk was kaupt on powerup. I then preceded to scrounge around with all of my coworkers looking for flash drives that did work. Common denominator was lower power drain on USB port.

I did find a PNY swing attache that works just fine.

I belive that apple lowered the trigger in the voltage after the update.

Also micro SD card work the same if you format them in NTFS in your computer

Share and enjoy.

I am using the camera connection for connecting the flash drives. I have not faced any problem with that. My suggestion to you is to use the same and as it is doing well for me then this will do the same for you. I hope that this will help you.

Hey I have found out the issue that is causing while you have updated the iPad and have come to know that there is something which the Apple have reduced the power that is required to run the usb from 100mA to 20mA, due to this the usb that you are using is not able to handle the power and that is why it is not recognizing when you insert it into your ipad or with the camera connection kit of yours. This has been done by Apple so as to reduce the effect of the virus that comes each and every time when you connect some external device to it. So this is not a kind of bug that you think.

I too have had a problem with USB drives for my iPad. I get the message of too much power. I did some googling and found that if u r importing .jpg files all you need do is be sure the flash drive is formatted with fat32 which it should be anyway and create a dcim folder and drag all of your .jpg files into the dcim folder. You will then have all pictures of .jpg come up on your iPad and you can then import them to ur iPad.