Thread: Creative Zen M broken battery

Creative Zen M broken battery

I just needed to ask that if somebody knows of reliable sites that repair Creative Zen M devices. This is for the reason that I have one that aside from a broken battery plug still works. And I would very much like to have repaired as I have some songs and stuff save in it. And would want keep the unit as it still works when I use the sync cable to power it up. If you have any knowledge regarding this then please let me know.

Re: Creative Zen M broken battery

You would not have to lose what is on the player you could just take out the hard drive and put into another player. The battery connector is the issue with you ZenVM now so the hard drive should be fine. The worst case scenario would be another motherboard for the player you have now. So if you are having any problem with the battery then there will be no chance of losing any short of data from your memory.

I have faced this issue earlier and then I took it apart and it is a total wreck. But I tried to revive it. I soldered the battery clip back on and put a new switch on it. Pretty amazing soldering if I say so myself. But the board is definitely bad. It gets really hot when it has power to it. So I hooked the drive and battery to another working player and they both work fine. So I figured that if I replaced the board it would be good. And I did the same and I am out of the issue now.

You should check if the LCD is trashed as well. So you have a basket case. It will cost more to fix it than to buy a perfectly working used player. I have to say that I have not ever seen a player so trashed (internally) before. Whoever took it apart before me destroyed it. But that is the way it goes. So if you want to buy the back parts then you may be charged $5. I hope that this will help you to resolve the problem. Thank you!!!

**After searching a lot I found the solution for this. I found some good news and option. Where in they offered to give it a second try of fix it and with a reasonable price. Which I agreed to and low behold me got it working again. Am so happy and would like thank you all for your recommendation. Zen m back to working order which am glad as i really like having it back. Big convince for me as not only do I use it as a regular mp3 player I also like the idea that it has enough good space left for me use it at as good enough backup drive when need be,