Thread: Dell Latitude E6400: Overheating after playing flash videos for extended periods

Dell Latitude E6400: Overheating after playing flash videos for extended periods

I am not certain if this is occurrence to anybody else, but I have newly been experiencing a few serious problems with my Dell Latitude E6400 (with most recent BIOS, and all other significant updates) when playing flash videos full screen, and so on. Later than extended times, Windows Vista sluggish to a halt to the point I can hardly reduce a window without harshly delayed lag. I have as well observed that the classic games I play have as well had its frame rates harshly slowed down too. Anyone have any idea or any suggestion for this than please provide me.

Re: Dell Latitude E6400: Overheating after playing flash videos for extended periods

All I have to present are ideas, but as I logged on to the Dell site today to obtain help with a similar trouble I thought I would split my experience. A few processors will combat overheating by dipping their speed (as you pointed out). One method to check it is by downloading a program which can read the temperature feeler on your CPU. One option is “CoreTemp”. I not at all attempted it though but it should be able to tell you if your core is too hot. 60 to 70 C is OK, over 80 C is bad. As well, flash can be quite strong for the PC, even if it might not seem that way.

Re: Dell Latitude E6400: Overheating after playing flash videos for extended periods

I got exactly the similar trouble here. The computer doesn’t work later than some time screening Video and its even horrible with DVD playback (can’t watch in excess of 30 minutes). The trouble looks to be an overheating from the Graphical chipset. The processor doesn't overheat (50 to 60°c with SpeedFan), while video playback it doesn't utilize more than 50% UC but while the overheat takes place It peak to 100% and the task manager doesn't illustrate any abnormality. The heat arrive from the chipset (the chip in the center just next the DVD player)

I am having the exact similar problems, amusingly all the time after around 30 minutes of watching video. The CPUs are fine, but jump to 100% while it occurs, just with the common windows applications. However temp is just at 50 to 60°c, which leads me to think that it’s the graphics chip. Later than it decelerates, it doesn't lift up another time except I leave it sitting for an hour. Switching off and on the computer temporarily resolves the trouble, but who can pact with that each 30 minutes.

The difficulty looks to be the thermal table constructed into the BIOS. Dell swapped the fan/heatsink however, it didn't solve the problem. The cores are well and at short temperature. It's the GPU which gets warm. And the moment the BIOS downclock the system (processor and most possibly front side bus speed) it seems in task manager that the cores are completely utilized. It's because the processor is downclocked to 800 MHz only. And that crafts it seems like heavily utilized.