Thread: Dell studio 15 laptop Fan not working

Dell studio 15 laptop Fan not working

Hello guys, I had purchased the new branded Dell studio 15 laptop in the last week. This laptop contains the highest configurations such as Intel core i7 processor with GM45 chipset and 15.6 inch diagonal size display. The other specifications of this laptop are to be as 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM and Intel Integrated Graphics card. This is the highly configured laptop and hence after 15 minutes it generates lot of heats. Then I understand that the laptop fan is not works well. Please give me suggestions to solve this issue.

Re: Dell studio 15 laptop Fan not working

Hey dude, I also bought the same kind of issue and at the initial boot time the laptop generates lot of heats and I don’t know what to do after occurred such unexpected issue. Then I had immediately power off the laptop by continuously pressing the power button. Then this laptop is to be shut down. So, I had contact the dell service center and they help me to replace the CPU FAN. I think the issue is regarding to this fan and hence the laptop generates lot of heat. I think you also need to replace the FAN then the laptop works correctly.

I think you need to check that the fan of the CPU is correctly inserted on this motherboard. If it is not inserted on this Dell laptop motherboard then you need to read the user guide manual and as per the manual suggestions just insert correctly this fan onto the motherboard. Sometimes the manufacturer will not insert this fan correctly onto the motherboard and hence this kind of error is occurred. So, if this CPU fan is not properly inserted over the motherboard then insert it properly.

Hey, I also faced the similar kind of issue in this dell laptop. In that time, I had purchased this dell laptop in the $1300 and then within two days it generates lot of heat. So, I had contact the service center. The technician presents in this center open the laptop and then check the cable connections of the CPU fan and he finds that the loose connections happens in this fan and hence it does not works correctly. Then he correct that cable connections and finally it works really well.

I also faced the similar kind of issue. In the last week mine laptop generates lots of heat and hence I had decided to replace the internal CPU fan of the system. Then I had contact the laptop service engineer. He come and replaces that fan and now it works really well. So, I think you also need to contact the laptop service engineer because they are expert person in this kind of issues. They take some charge and then replace the specific parts of the laptop without any extra damage happening in this laptop.

Hey, last month, I had purchased the dell laptop and then within two month it generates the heating issue. See, whenever I try to start this laptop then within 10 minutes it generates lot of heat and hence I had decided to replace the fan of this laptop. I had taken the help of the technician and firstly check that the fan connection is correctly connected or not. It is well connected but the fan will not start for moving. Then I check the internal fan and motherboard connections but it also works correctly. Finally we are decided to replace this CPU fan and hence replace the CPU fan. Now it works without any issue.