Thread: Replacement Screen for Dell Streak

Replacement Screen for Dell Streak

I would like to make the Streak owners with no broken screen receptive to how potentially delicate the screen can be. From what I had examined, I assumed that the screen could take a sensible beating and in the majority cases, that's possibly true. But unfortunately, I dropped my Streak and currently the glass is crushed. My sister as well has a Streak and has dropped it quite a lot of times with just minor damage to the plastic ends. One time it switched off while she fall it, but it switched back on. Those falls were from on pocket height onto clay tile which is maybe a little superior than a concrete slab. Call to act for Dell? Please provide me the ability to arrange replacement parts.

Re: Replacement Screen for Dell Streak

My dell streak LCD broke the day I obtained it, just from me by chance resting my arm on it at my writing table. I have obtained nowhere with O2, and wish to send it to Dell but can't look to get an RMA from them (I have attempted but obtain an email back from them saying my details don't match). There is absolutely no harm to the exterior of the unit and I am persuaded this is a design flaw. I am quite a lot of hundred pounds down and would even be eager at this stage to just purchase a replacement screen and fit it (I have carried out ample screen replacements before without problem) if just Dell would make the parts obtainable.

The LCD broken on mine too, I dropped it onto the mat off my bed, which is just like 1 to 2 feet of the floor, it landed awkward and the LCD broken big time, I now can’t utilize the phone in any way. So I thought ill provide dell a call notice what they can do for me. They don’t even have a fix centre for the phone. I am now wedged with a pretty paper weight. I went to carphone warehouse and they said they can mend it for £157. I was speculating though, how can they probably do it if dell can’t.

The causes to select Gorilla glass continue adding up. While you select Gorilla glass, you will get in excess of just unmatched damage resistance and protection:
    1. Thinner form factor: Gorilla glass keeps its act benefit over usual chemically reinforces substrates even while utilized in thin form factors. Presently, Gorilla glass is obtainable as-drawn in thicknesses ranging from .5 mm to 2.0 mm.
    2. Obtainable with a simple-to-clean, wear-resistant coating: consumers can identify a version of Gorilla glass with an unusual coating, making it simpler to clean than other cover glasses. This is especially helpful for devices that role by touch.

I just fall my new DELL Streak Android. Screen crushed and emerges like a peacock/fan-tail of glass slices. I had attached rubber strips on the base to end the Streak slipping of the whole thing. The factory Streak is extremely sleek and "slippery". I didn't obtain the $14/month insurance, so just split out $280 for a straight Optus replacement. Mental note: do not place Streak in shirt pocket, esp. when exiting vehicle parked on concrete. I like the Streak (save for the truth that I was at a standstill waiting for Android2.2), so I am happy to pay the $280 to get my upcoming Streak.

I as well have broken my screen. I was being seated on the sofa and my 3 year old came over to me and it got banged down just to the ground which had carpet on it. The screen got broken- the LCD was damaged. While I called Dell they were not interested. They said that they would not do anything because I had the phone for 29 days already or somewhat. It was purchased without any kind of contract so it was very classy- then to have them not worry was very annoying.

Hi Everybody,

I am Gopal from India, My issue is quite different from you guys, i have a DELL Streak 7 which i got from the US and now i have problems charging it. I suspect the charging socket ( PIN) got damaged and need to be replaced. I was asked to send the device to US for replacement where i am unable to do it. I you people can help me on providing any unused device it will be a great help for me to get my device up and running for use.

Quote Originally Posted by gopaladari View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I am Gopal from India, My issue is quite different from you guys, i have a DELL Streak 7 which i got from the US and now i have problems charging it. I suspect the charging socket ( PIN) got damaged and need to be replaced. I was asked to send the device to US for replacement where i am unable to do it. I you people can help me on providing any unused device it will be a great help for me to get my device up and running for use.
    I dont think manufacturers send out spare parts to end users, so you will have to send the device if you want to get it fixed. It seems it should be possible to repair it yourself, but you'd need some experience with that and spare parts. Better go to some technical expert shop and ask them if the charging port of the dell streak can be fixed.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Spare parts for Dell Streak 7" are not available in India as this model is not yet launched here in INDIA, So can i get the PDMI port from anywhere?

I had also not find any related stuff for the same. There are certain sites like Bizlink which sells the port and that too you will need to buy from other country paying the shipping charges. It is a chinese company. There are hardly any manufacturers who provide the similar connector.