Thread: Unable to Eject Samsung S2 USB Portable hard drive in windows 7

Unable to Eject Samsung S2 USB Portable hard drive in windows 7

Hello, recently I had purchased the Samsung S2 USB portable hard drive. I had always connected it to the Microsoft windows 7 operating system. This hard drive contains the 320GB memory size and the other configurations is to be the Hi-speed USB connectivity with 480 mbps data transfer rate. This hard drive holds some important data. Yesterday I had try to eject this hard drive from my computer but the eject option is not present. I want to safely eject this hard drive device. Please help me to do this task.

Re: Unable to Eject Samsung S2 USB Portable hard drive in windows 7

Hey, you need to firstly check the safely remove hardware icon is presents onto the toolbar of the windows 7 desktop. If it is presents then you need to hit this icon by pressing the mouse button. Then it shows the "Safely Remove Hardware" dialog box. In this box it displays the number of external hardware devices connected to the computer. So, this dialog box helpful you to remove the external hard drive from the system. Using this dialog box you can safely remove the external drive from the system.

As per you discussing in the issue, if the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon does not displayed on the windows toolbar then you need to do the other specific procedure. See, firstly hit the windows + run key onto the keyboard. Then the run window is showed on the desktop. After that type RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll so, it shows the "Safely Remove Hardware" dialog box. Then you can safely remove the external hard drive from the computer system.

The other technique also presents for opening the "Safely Remove Hardware" dialog box if the icon is not presents onto the windows toolbar. I had used those options recently which help us to remove the external hard drive from the system. So, you need to right click on the desktop then press the shortcut submenu. It displays the Create Shortcut dialog box. Then type RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll on it and press ok button. It opens the "Safely Remove Hardware" dialog box and using this box you can remove the hard drive from the system.

Hey dude, I think the issue occurred in your windows 7 OS is because of the some virus is to be entered in your external hard drive. In the future that this virus hides your hard drive. For removing this kind of viruses you need to take the help of good authorized antivirus such as Quick heal, Norton, Nod 32 etc. This antivirus helps you to remove the virus from the external hard drive. So, use the antivirus and then remove the virus from the hard drive. Then it could be possible that you can be easily ejecting it from the hard drive.

Hey dude, you had work on the windows 7 operating system so, if you try to remove the hard drive safely from the computer but this solutions wouldn’t work then you need to run the attrib command onto the run method. You can view the structure of the attrib command using the help menu of the windows 7. Then after executing this attrib command, then windows 7 shows the hidden contents on the hard drive. Remove this virus files and then try to eject the hard drive from the system. It works because I tried this solution.