Thread: Changing software of the HTC HD7

Changing software of the HTC HD7

I am having HTC HD7. I am really frustrated with this particular phone. Whenever I am trying to search any apps I am getting lots of songs and albums rather than apps. Well I am looking to change the firmware of the phone to the Android from the Windows. Let me know whether it is possible or not. If it is possible then tell me how can I get the same. Any help on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Changing software of the HTC HD7

I don’t know why are so unhappy with this particular phone. Well according to me the Windows Phone 7 is quite superior to that of Android. I am unable to figure out the idea the of the changing the operating system of the phone when you are not having any idea regarding the searching of the apps. Well according to me it cannot be good idea to changing the firmware just because you are unable to search the apps on the phone of yours.

I am suspecting that you are searching for the songs rather than searching for apps on the phone of yours. I think there is mixing of the songs and apps. Well if you are looking to search apps than you should search the same by using different conditions like category, sports, games or something like feature, new or free. You can also use computer with the Zune rather than searching for the apps on the phone of yours.

Well yes you can change the firmware of the phone to the Android. You need to flash the firmware of the phone. However it will brick the phone of yours and also it would void the service warranty. So if something wrong happens on the phone of yours then it would not be covered in the service warranty. Flashing the Os would void the service warranty entirely. Hence you should think twice before doing flashing of the operating system.

If you are having an issue with the searching of the apps then you should contact the Microsoft rather than changing the operating system of the phone of yours. Well I did not recommend to change the operating system for such a stupid reason. it might be possible that it was happening due to bug issue so it is better to contact the Microsoft. I am sure that the Microsoft customer support team would definitely help you out from this particular problem.