Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play blocked by software update

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play blocked by software update

I require urgent help with my new Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. I joined it to my computer using the PC Companion which notified me there was a software update. As I was conscious there were apparently a few teething troubles I thought it would be a nice idea to let it to update. This was a huge blunder as the update unsuccessful and I am currently left with a phone which doesn't even power on. I have pursued the instructions within the PC Companion software but it doesn't even identify the phone, it will bond and is identified as 'Sony Ericsson Phone' but will disconnect soon later.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play blocked by software update

Here I have few download which may be help to solve your problem. But before this, just tell me; have you attempted installing Sony Ericsson Update Service and reinstalling the software with that? If this doesn't assist I would recommend that you take it back. From here you can download update. After that setup that program which is Sony Ericsson Update Service and updates the phone as it is scheduled. With any luck this will permit you to reinstall the software.

Here I also wish to add something. Once I also had the similar problem but in my case reboot has set the update service. It’s running at present but the progress bar for installing the update isn't stirring. If this doesn't work I will attempt a factory reset and possibly attempt running the update from a different machine. I wish you like my comment and with any luck this will help to solve your problem. Just let me know this is useful for you or not.

I have attempted the Update service, which seemed to be functioning, the update bar was moving very slowly, but, didn't get partly way and the message 'software install has unsuccessful. I have attempted the repair phone alternative in computer companion. This looks to be wedged on the plan option with a green circle spinning about and the message 'Please wait'. Watched the entire of 'Where eagles dare' and it was at a standstill sat there with the similar circle and the similar message. It’s truly saddened as it was functioning great earlier than I appealed the software update through pc companion, currently I can't switch it on. It just vibrates momentarily, no display, not anything.

I at a standstill don't know what occurred with mine bit it is functioning well now. I would just about surrender while I attempted leaving the battery out for 15 minutes or so and after that replaced the battery and attempted charging the phone off the mains charger. Later than a while (not certain how long it was) it powered itself on and booted usually. In my case, I expect the battery had shattered fairly quickly (it had just had one full charge) and, even though the battery was above half full while I started updating, it had approximately run out earlier than the update could finish.

Very odd behavior! It’s been down and not functioning all day, began messing around with it another time, attempting to update- battery out 10 seconds, back in, plug USB in and bam, it begins to boots up generally. Not only that, but, pc companion declares handset is currently the latest. Not that I am too bothered, just glad it’s now functioning. Just putted my tunes onto it and tinkering with settings. I have the Heat discharge scene, loaded that utilizing media Go and it plays really well.