Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not vibrating on incoming text messages (SMS)

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not vibrating on incoming text messages (SMS)

Hello everyone, I am using my brand new Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mobile currently and I am in total love with this phone. Recently I noticed that whenever I am receiving any SMS, my phone vibration does not respond to it. It does not vibrate at all, not even a slight move. Does anyone know what must be the problem with my mobile phone? If anyone has any solution to solve my problem then please come forward and reply my post and help me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not vibrating on incoming text messages (SMS)

You should probably go to the following path and check the vibration options.
    • Click on the main menu of your Xperia X10 and go to settings
    • Now click on sound & display and check the Phone vibrate option.
    • Then go to Messages > Settings and select Vibrate checkbox by checking it (you will see a tick mark next to the option name.)
    • Make sure that your have allowed “Vibration On” on your chosen Profile and your mobile is in General mode and not on the Silent mode.

Thank for replying to my thread so quickly but unfortunate to say I have tried all possible settings you have asked me to perform but still I am unable to solve my issue and am facing the same stupid problem. This thing is really irritating me now as many a times when I am attending so lectures I don’t realize any incoming messages which sometimes become problematic. Anyways thank you for making that effort to solve my problem. Does anyone have got any other working solution? Please help me. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

There are many apps available on Android Market which are capable of solving all this issues. You just have to visit the official website of Android market and search for them there. Some are available for free whereas some will be paid apps. I know these three apps which can help you solve problem. You can try Handcent SMS or Wipe or smspop apps and check whether your problem is solved or not. I am not sure about these apps, but if they don’t help you out then you can probably search for more apps on Android market.

I was also facing the same problem and was unable to enable vibration on my mobile. I tried every possible solution given on this forum and on other forums but nothing seem to have worked for me. Then finally I came across “Sound Manager” apps for Android mobiles and to my surprise it finally worked for me.
    • Just download the “Sound Manager” application and install in your mobile.
    • Start the app and go to the vibrate settings.
    • Select the “Vibrate whenever possible” option

I was also facing the same problem of my mobile phone not vibrating when I was getting incoming messages and calls. And after trying many different solutions suggested by many people one solution worked for me. So I would suggest you to perform Hard Reset if nothing is working for you.
    1. Tap on the menu icon and go to Main menu > Settings > Privacy
    2. Click on Factory Data Reset and click on Reset Phone.
    3. Your phone will restart and you are done with Hard Reset.

Have you tried going to the actual android messaging app to configure it? That's what I had to do to mine. There's an option to set vibration in the app as well as in the main sound options. Both of them have to be set to vibrate. It was confusing to me why I had no vibration on incoming sms. But as I played around with it, that worked for me.