Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone battery is not charging

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone battery is not charging

I had purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone 3 months back and it was working amazingly until yesterday. From yesterday it has started up with a strange problem. I am unable to charge my mobile phone. I tried to figure out the cause for the problem but was unable to do so. And as I am unable to charge my mobile phone, the battery is almost about to drain. So please someone help me solve my problem. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone battery is not charging

You said you are unable to charge your Sony Ericsson X10 mobile phone. There must be only two reasons behind this unusual behavior. Either you Charger or your Battery or both has got corrupted. To check which is having the problem, first change your charger and try to charge your mobile. If that is not working then you should change the battery (replace with a new working one) and then try to charge the mobile. If that is also not working then the final recommendation will be replace both your charger and battery and get a net set of these accessories and then try to charge your mobile phone.

It seems like the battery or charging issue are common with Sony Ericsson handsets. I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 and I also faced this particular charging problems. After lots of pain and searching about the matter I was able to find a solution which worked for me. So I would recommend you to give it a try. I performed Hardware Reset of my mobile. To perform Hardware Reset follow the below steps:
    • Press the Switch On/Off button together along with the Home button (the middle hard button) on the Screen of your mobile.
    • This will make your mobile vibrate and start up.
    • Once the process of Hardware Reset is completed, your mobile phone will restart.
    • Check if you are able to charge your mobile after completing these steps.

Remove your battery from your mobile and reinsert it after some time. Then perform the Hardware reset as it is said in the above post. If that solution is not solving your problem then I have got one more way to help you out. If you have got a PC or laptop, then start it and connect your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to your PC/laptop using the appropriate USB cord. Before plugging your mobile to your PC make sure that you are holding the back button in your mobile. You should continue holding the button until some LED light starts blinking on the screen of your mobile. This indicates that your mobile have started charging through your PC/laptop.

The best solution as per me is to do a Software repair of your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 firmware. I am suggesting this because I feel that your firmware must have got corrupted somehow. Before doing System repair please take back up of all your necessary data, because after your perform system repair all your data which are stored in phone memory will be lost. Also don’t forget to use a fully charged battery when you are performing Software Repair. If your battery drains off completely while you are doing Software restore, incomplete files will be installed in your mobile, thus making it complete useless. Use the PC components or Sony Ericsson Update Service to do the System restore of your mobile.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone battery is not charging

I have come across many peoples who are facing the charging issues with their Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone. And the best advice I have been giving them is to fix an appointment with the nearest Sony Ericsson Service center and getting your mobile repaired by them. They are the most genuine and trusted people in this issue and they will be knowing better than anyone hoe to get there mobile phones. And as it is just 2 month old mobile phone, I am sure it is still within the warranty period of 1 year which the company normally provides with their mobile phones. SO the repair or the replacement will be costing you no extra bucks and it will be completely free for you.