Thread: ZEN Mozaic and Playlists

ZEN Mozaic and Playlists

I have just bought a new Zen Mozaic. It seems a lot harder to make a play-list then on my Zen V Plus. How can you make a play-list fast and easy like on the Zen V Plus where you copy the file (MP3 podcasts in my case) to the player, click on the Zen V Series Media Explorer and right there you could edit a play-list and add the new files? What I do is copy the files inside of their download folders (I use RSSRadio as my RSS reader), so the show name is the folder name. Copy the folder to the player, under a folder named 'podcasts'. Now when I look in Creative Centrale I cannot find how to display by folder location to do a simple drag and drop into a play-list. The Creative Centrale seems way crazy, and hard to figure out. It was very easy on the Zen V Plus. What am I missing? What is the simple way to make a play-list?

Re: ZEN Mozaic and Playlists

I would like to import my own playlist from the outside. What I do is download so many podcasts, copy them into a podcast directory under the music folder in the player. I would like to be able to have an easy way to edit the playlists. Centrale software is a very poor way/example of player management software. The Zen V Plus management software worked great! Is there a third party software tool anyone is using for their Zen Mozaic?

I totally agree that the Creative Centrale is not a user friendly program. I haven't used the Zen before this.I has the Zen EZ300 Mozaic and I can't seem to figure out how to get my audio books into Creative Centrale. So far I'm still working at trying to get any books to show up in there. I'm use to an iPod for one thing, got the Zen for my husband. I may have the settings wrong in the Creative program, don’t know for sure though. The instructions that came with the Zen, are to me just awful.They don't tell me much of anything. I found this website and it has helped me a lot so far as using the Zen player.

I would appreciate some information about the battery in the Zen EZ300 Mozaic. Can you charge the battery any time or do you have to wait for the battery to get really low? I was looking in the user guide but so far I haven't found where it says how long the battery will last at each use, and if it can be charged at any time. I remember it use to be that batteries had a memory so if you charged them too soon you could end up shortening the battery life. Hope that made sense. I'm still trying to figure out the Zen player and all the options.

I have been pulling my hair out for the last day and a half trying to get my playlists from WMP11 to synch to my new Zen Mozaic EZ300. I had a Zen Mozaic, which I lost, and this is the replacement. Let me start by saying that there is nothing "EZ" about this player. Unlike its predecessor, it didn't come with any installation cd or documentation. No problem, I've used it before, I'll do what I've done with the first Mozaic, my Vision M, and my husband's Zen. The songs transfer (using the playlist synch method I've used before) but when I press playlist there are none listed. I have checked EpiZenter and Anything But Ipod but I haven't found a solution. I did a Google search and found out that the new Mozaic doesn't support wpl, which has me ticked off. Why did Creative mess with this?

I do not want to create new playlists with the Creative software or any other programs, nor do I want to sit with the Mozaic and add songs to a playlist one by one yawn. My WMP playlists play on my other Creative devices and my Sansa clips, as well as my Sound bridge device, so I don't need to be making them again. If I can't get this resolved, I'm going to return the player. Any advice, suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I'm using a Windows Vista PC (but have laptop and other PC with XP).