Thread: Defy speaker beginning to fail

Defy speaker beginning to fail

Hello friends, I am having a Motorola Defy phone not more than one month old. Two days ago when I got a call in my phone and picked to answer, I dint heard anything. It dint worried me because I thought that it must be the network issue. So the next day when I called one of my friends I could see in the display screen that the call is getting connected but I am to hear his voice. Then I realized that the receiver speaker is not working. Please suggest me what should I do.

Re: Defy speaker beginning to fail

There is some fault in the receiver speaker of your Motorola Defy phone. check for the dust particles or any dirt that might have covered the speaker. If it’s so, then don’t try to open the phone all by yourself. Just blow air from your mouth and wipe out the dust. Now see if the voice is audible or not. Did you ever use the phone in adverse weather condition like rain or heavy snow fall. If yes then it may be possible that moisture had damaged the speaker and you have to change it. Just contact the dealer from whom you purchased it.

If the voice of the caller is not audible in your Motorola Defy phone, then first of all check the volume settings. By mistake you might have set it to low level due to which you are not able to hear the caller voice. See if you can hear the voice by switching on the loud speaker. If you can hear the voice through external speaker then surely your receiver speaker is not working. Try to wipe out the dust or clean it with the soft cloth. If still you don’t hear any voice, then take it to the service center.

This is a very serious issue. If you are unable to fix the problem, after wiping out the dust, then don’t try to open the phone using screw driver. By doing this you may damage the internal components. As your phone is just a month old, it would be under warranty period. Just take it to the store from where you purchased it and then tell them about your problem. They will either send it to Motorola for repair or else they may replace it with the new one.

If you purchased the mobile from T- Mobile store while you were travelling, then you can get it exchanged from any T-Mobile store. The Motorola warranty will be only valid if you bought it from an authorized dealer. You can get your faulty mobile exchanged in any T-Mobile store. If you have purchased it from the authorized dealer then the warranty for your mobile is valid. Motorola will replace or fix it at free of cost.

Thank you all for your suggestions and support. When I found that the receiver speaker is not working, I wondered what went wrong with the my new Motorola Defy. I thought that due to weak signal, voice of the caller is not audible. But there was no network problem as I was able to make a call and receive. I tried to blow out the dust from the speaker but it dint worked. So finally I have to take it to the service center for repair. There I came to know that the there is some internal problem with the receiver speaker and it needs o be replaced. After getting it repaired, the voice is more loud and clear then before.