Thread: Defy constantly lose its WIFI connection despite an excellent signal strength

Defy constantly lose its WIFI connection despite an excellent signal strength

Hello friends, I recently got the new Motorola Defy phone. It is a very nice phone with great functions. Few days before I got a wireless connection setup for home. I am having some problem with the wifi connection in my Motorola Defy phone. I am experiencing unstable wireless connection. Whenever I go to make a connection it starts connecting but always drops after every five seconds. Can anyone help me regarding this problem.

Re: Defy constantly lose its WIFI connection despite an excellent signal strength

First of all check if the WiFi in your Defy phone is enabled or not. If it is not enabled then enable it. You are trying to connect your phone through a Router, and then make sure that the signal is strong and the data packets are available. The connection drops due to weak signal. Be sure that the Wifi settings of your Defy mobile are correctly configured with respect to the Router.

Re: Defy constantly lose its WIFI connection despite an excellent signal strength

Can you tell me which router has been installed in your home. If the present configuration of your router is unable to make WiFi connection then follow the configuration below and then try to connect. Authentication > WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK
    Encryption Technique > TKIP Wireless Mode > Only G. I hope this will definitely help you.

Hello, I am also having the Motorola Defy phone. Few weeks ago I was also having the same problem. I was unable to connect through the Wifi. But my new SIM card a allowed me to connect to my own WiFi. I got a WIFI Range Extender in order to get Wifi access all around the house. Now I can easily connect to the Wifi through my phone. now I can get excellent signal strength. So I advise you to follow as I did and you can get your problem resolved.

If you tried to connect your laptop through WiFi then don’t expect the same connectivity with the Motorola Defy phone. this is because Motorola Defy antenna space is much smaller. Change your Sim card and then try connecting through WiFi. You can also listen to the shoutcast radio. If still you are unable to connect to the Wifi then, there might be some issue with the Wifi for your phone. if have recently bought it then send it to the Motorola service center, and they will fix your problem.

Hey guys, thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I was worried about the problem as I was not able to make wifi connections. I thought that my Defy phone was having the problem. After reading the replies I realized that the WiFi connection dropped because the router which I set up for the home network was not configured properly. I had to call the internet service provider to get the problem fixed. The technician reconfigured the router settings and now I there is no more connection loss.