Thread: Proximity Sensor is not working in HTC Desire

Proximity Sensor is not working in HTC Desire

I am having HTC Desire. I am getting a really frustrating issue and I am looking for the solution from the users of this particular forum. Well I have noticed that this problem is associated with Proximity Sensor. I am getting blank screen on the phone of mine. i am unable to get the blank screen after pressing any key. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to meet the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Proximity Sensor is not working in HTC Desire

Well i have lots of research work and I have found the following thing which you should do and see whether it is working or not. I have found that the number people have make the thing working by moving their phone away from the ear making sure that they have not placed their hand on the sensor. Also I have found the other users who are getting the blank screen after pressing the power button of the phone.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Well I have done a soft reset on the phone of mine. Also I have removed the battery for a while and reinserted the same on the phone of mine. finally started the phone. After doing the above mentioned thing I have successfully resolved the problem of mine. I am hoping that the Soft reset will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Finally I doing lots of research work I have managed to fix the problem of mine. Well I was having screen protector on which there was smallest tiniest mark at the top side left. The proximity sensor is having two small dots at the front side of the phone. I have simply removed the screen protector of the phone and I have fixed the phone of mine. so if you are having the screen protector then you should simply remove the same and see whether the Proximity sensor is working or not.

In order to find out the root cause of the problem on the phone of yours I am suggesting the following thing. I am recommend that you should use ProxyLightTest app. You should download and installed the same on the phone of yours. this particular app will help you to find out the root cause of the problem. also you need to see whether there is any scratch on the on the Proximity sensor which would be causing the problem.

Well let me know whether you have fixed the problem or not. if you have not fixed the problem then I am suggesting that you should go for the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Well you need to see that your phone is not having any physical damage. If your phone is having physical damage then the service warranty would be void. Let me know whether you have fixed the problem or not.