Thread: Android 2.2 Update broke HTC Desire

Android 2.2 Update broke HTC Desire

I just updated my software physically by testing for updates today. Clicked update and setup and currently my phone continues restarting each 2 minutes, there is no Wi-Fi, network, SD card. On the whole the latest update fecked up my phone and I can't utilize it any longer. It’s really annoying for me. I tried many things to resolve this issue, but can’t get anything. So Please if anyone here has any solution or any useful information for me than provide me.

Re: Android 2.2 Update broke HTC Desire

I am interested in your problem since I am about to purchase a HTC Desire. I think you know it previously that the web is crowded of people who complain casual crashes of the Desire not just after updating to Froyo but even earlier. Did you ensue to contact HTC customer service? Here where I live, approximately all the people who shipped the Desire to HTC collected it back with the statement: The problem doesn't exist. In addition to that this casual crashing thing emerges to influence a stunning and scary 27 percent of the Desire sold in my place.

My HTC Desire was great while I got it till I went to update the software to 2.2. I just called HTC and told them the trouble and they approved for it to send to the UK to be fixed. I have not acquired it back up till now so I do not know if the trouble has been solved but I will keep you posted. And here I just wish to add more is: First of all I didn't unlock my phone it was purchased unlocked, and second of all If it wasn't out for unlocked phones how did I acquire and update notification for the 2.2 software?

Here i just want to add something in this case. Wish your HTC Desire will get to you shortly and in great health. I am somewhat scared though since I am following this casual crashing or rebooting thing. I have to obtain mine next week and thinking I could have this insect is perturbing me a lot. After all, here in Italy is costing approximately 500 euro, and paying that much to encompass a very defective unit is rather disgraceful.

I had what sounds like the similar or a same trouble. Later than the update while the phone reboots, you see your background wallpaper and the message bar at the pinnacle that you can pull down and a message in the center which says "Loading ..." After 30 seconds you obtain one more error, a bit like "Force close HTC sense" (I think it was, however it didn't note it down) later than clicking on the key the screen turns white with the HTC symbol in the center and the entire procedure begins again and again. To detach it you necessitate clearing the HTC sense application storage area. By clearing this part it will rearrange the desktop layout, widgets and symbols which you have located on the desktop. Clearing this storage part will discontinue the phone going into this not at all ending loop.

If the phone is wedged in the sphere how you do access the settings in order to apparent the HTC sense storage area? The just menu which works is the pull down bar at the pinnacle of the screen. Well fortunately for me there were quite a lot of application updates obtainable, thus a updates available message was emerging in the pull down bar. By clicking on this I could after that run market, this permissible me to download an application called settings which after that installs an application that is like settings but with additional options.