Thread: Camera is not working after updating HTC Desire

Camera is not working after updating HTC Desire

I am using HTC Desire from past couple of days. Well I have recently updated the phone of mine with the latest update. After finishing the updates I have noticed that the camera is not working at all. As soon as I click on the icon of the camera it seems to give blank screen. Let me know if you are not having any suggestion to fix the matter of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Camera is not working after updating HTC Desire

Well let me know whether you are using LED widget? If you are having the Led widget before the updating the Froyo on the computer and if your answer is yes then you need to simply delete from the phone of yours. I have found the number of users who are having the similar problem and they have solved the matter by using the above mentioned instruction of mine. so try the same and see whether it is working or not.

Looking at the matter of yours I recommend that you should go for Factory Reset and see whether it is working or not. you need to use the below mentioned instruction to solve the matter of yours.
    1. Make sure that you have back up the data before doing Factory Reset.
    2. You have to select Menu from the Home Screen and then go for Settings.
    3. Now you should scroll down to the Privacy and go for Factory Data reset.
    4. You need to tap on the Reset phone and then go for Erase Everything from the Factory Data reset.

Well you told me that you have started to face the problem after doing the upgrade the Froyo update. So I recommend that you should downgrade the firmware to the previous version. You should back up the data before doing the firmware downgrading. The I am sure that you will not have an issue after downgrading the firmware of phone. Let me know the results on this particular matter so that I can tell you another solution if above mentioned thing is not working.

Looking at the situation of yours I am doubting that this particular problem might be occurring due to corruption of the file on the memory card of yours. Hence I am suggesting that you should remove the SD card from the phone and simply format the entire memory card. After formatting the same you should reinsert the memory card see whether the camera is working or not. Wish you all the best.

I am suspecting that this problem is occurring due to bug issue. I mean there could be bug into the firmware which you have installed on the phone of yours. Hence I recommend that you should file a bug report to the developer of the firmware. Well the team of the developer would fix the bug and simply release the update. Well it is the most efficient solution which I can give you to solve the problem of yours.