Thread: HTC Sense process com.htc.launcher stopped working

HTC Sense process com.htc.launcher stopped working

I have a HTC DROID Eris which I have been using from the past several days. From yesterday it is repeatedly giving me the subsequent error message: The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unpredictably. Please try again. While that error message comes up I have one choice, Force close, which takes nowhere. I've interpret that it might have somewhat to act with an application. Can anyone help me?

Re: HTC Sense process com.htc.launcher stopped working

In excess of probably it is an application that you have installed that is causing this as I think. Have you installed whichever applications? If so, attempt uninstalling them and by the use of your device a little bit to observe if it persists. Furthermore, I examine that single user had this similar trouble while adding a shortcut (not the widget) toward the HTC weather application on the display.

I have a solution I think but by doing this you will drop each and every one of your custom homescreens and should customize them all over again.
    1. Push the Search button on your mobile phone
    2. Type inside Settings and choose it from the results
    3. Choose Applications > Manage Applications > HTC Sense > Clear Data
    4. Push the Home option
    5. You must currently observe the default wallpaper as well as widgets
    6. Attempt adding a widget. moreover:

• push the +icon within the bottom-right > Widget
    • push Menu > Add to Home > Widget
    • Long-push an bare area on top of your homescreen > Widget
    • If you discover that the HTC widgets are lost from the Add Widgets listing set off to Settings and replicate steps 3 as well as 4

In several cases it can be caused via mismatched apps, within which case the universal explanation would be to go away toward Settings, afterward Applications > Manage Applications > choose the application you believe is causing the issue and uninstall it. During the nastiest case situation, you would require backup all your information as well as apps (MyBackupPro is vast in support of this) and afterward carry out a factory reset of your mobile phone.

I think that you should call the HTC technical support team regarding this issue. It actually seems to me like a software or firmware issue in your situation. This issue can be solved either by hard resetting the phone otherwise updating the firmware of the phone. What version of Android running in your phone? If you are still on the older version then there is a new version which you may need to try it.

it looks like that the application launcher of the HTC phone is not functioning properly. it is just unable to open that file. For this issue you might need to check the phone's software otherwise update it as soon as possible. If needed check the settings of phone as well as the HTC sense. The HTC sense process might still be active and it may be running in the background without your concern. For this switch make the factory reset and then switch off the phone. Remove the battery and wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Now put the battery back in and switch on the phone. it should be working now.