Thread: HTC Desire HD: Weather app is not updating

HTC Desire HD: Weather app is not updating

I am having really annoying problem on the HTC Desire HD of mine. Well I have found that the Weather app on the phone of mine is not working after doing the Froyo 2.2 update on the phone of mine. let me know if you are having the similar problem like me. If you are having any proper solution to fix the problem mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: HTC Desire HD: Weather app is not updating

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting the following thing which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    1. You need to go for Settings and search for Application then go for Manage Application.
    2. Now you should go for All and simply look for HTC Weather sync provider and choose Clear Data and then choose Force Stop.
    3. You need to go for Home Screen and simply restart the weather I am hoping that it will help you out.

In this particular situation I am suggesting the following thing which should do and see whether it is helping you out or not. first of all you need to see check whether the update automatically option is checked or not. if it is not checked then you should check the same. Also you need to cycle the auto sync option on the android power control widget. Let me know whether the thing which I have mentioned above helped you or not.

I don’t know the thing which I am going to post over here would to you but you should at least try.
    • You have to go for Menu and then scroll for Settings and the search for the Location into Settings menu.
    • Into Location go for My Location you need to check either use wireless network or use GPS satellites checkboxes. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

You told me that you are started to face this particular problem after updating with the Froyo. Let me know whether this particular app was working with the previous version or not. if yes then I am suspecting that this particular problem can be easily solved by downgrading the Froyo with the previous version. I am hoping that the downgrading the Froyo would helpful to fix the problem of yours.

Most probable this particular issue is associated with the bug issue. Hence I recommend that you should file a bug report to the developer of the app. The developer would work around the situation and fix the bug and simply release the update as early as possible. Well I am hoping that the developer of the app would help you to from this particular problem.