Thread: Facebook HTC Sync error: Service is Currently Unavailable

Facebook HTC Sync error: Service is Currently Unavailable

I am getting issues with the Facebook HTC sync; it prompts me that the service is presently unavailable. When I try to do following: Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync>Add Account>Facebook for HTC Sense. It shows me the error:
    Warning - The Service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again?
    On the other hand the normal Facebook for Android application is working well. I don’t know what troubleshooting method I should try for this issue. Can anyone help me?

Re: Facebook HTC Sync error: Service is Currently Unavailable

I previously had the Facebook application on my HTC Evo by default and am previously capable to connect to Facebook all the way through it. I would like the "HTC Sense Facebook" functioning thus I may perhaps sync my Contacts plus link/unlink them through my obtainable contacts. I have gone through several advices and went to the front to the marketplace and installed the one that merely said it'd put back my present Facebook client. I might still connect by the use of that client, and not with Facebook intended for HTC Sense.

My Facebook for EVO was syncing completely very well subsequently after somewhat caused my mobile phone to rebstart on its own numerous times a day. I made a factory reset and I resolved the rebooting except currently my facebook for HTC Sense won’t be able to sync and like Chad that’s the simply one I can click on and I continue receiving the "Warning: The service is currently unavailable" error message for the precedent three days still following numerous reboots. I have contacted the sprint and they informed me to get it to the HTC service center or store and re-install the Facebook. But it doesn’t make any sense to me.

I have been annoying and demanding to sync facebook toward my contacts except not anything worked. Afterward i tried precisely what I got in some post which I found while on Google search. I have the HTC droid incredible. I have simply downloaded the application called syncmypix and pressed sync. It had me login to my Facebook account and it began searching my friends. A pair of contacts i had to modify the name to precisely their facebook name except it worked.

I was simply experiencing the similar trouble as the OP. Following playing around with my mobile phone, I lastly discovered how to repair it. Do you encompass the facebook application installed on your mobile phone? On one occasion you release it, push the menu button, afterward settings. Scroll downward toward sync contacts, and choose sync all. Afterward, set off to your display options, and select how you would like it to show, whether it’s simply to sync through the contacts you cover, otherwise to include them all.

It seems to me like the problem with your Facebook application otherwise regarding the Third party facebook app. If you have downloaded the any third party facebook app along with that previously included app then there might be a chance that both get Conflicting. You might need to remove additional app first. Then also make sure that there is any additional setting need to be done other than the Facebook app settings. Sometime you might need to change some settings in your Facebook account also in order to retrieve the data from.