Thread: Removing preinstalled apps from the HTC Desire Z

Removing preinstalled apps from the HTC Desire Z

Well recently I have purchased HTC Desire Z. I am looking to remove all the apps which I have never used. It is consuming lots of phone memory and I want to get rid of it. So tell me whether I can remove all the preinstalled apps from the phone of mine. Anyone have done with the removing of the preinstalled apps then let me know about the experience of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Removing preinstalled apps from the HTC Desire Z

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am stating that you can remove preinstalled app from the phone of yours. In order to remove the app from the phone of yours you need to root the phone. If you have managed to root the phone then you would be able to uninstall all the unwanted software from the phone. So you should toot the phone and see whether you are able to remove the app or not.

In order to root the HTC Desire you need to have following thing to achieve the same.
    1. A computer on which Windows based operating system should be running on it.
    2. A MicroUSB cable and a MicroSD card.
    3. You need to downlaod Bootloader from the official website also you shoudl have a current version of ROM.

You need to get the above mentioend thing to root the phone of yours.

I am suggesting the following steps which you can use to root the HTC Desire of yours.
    F
    • irst of all you need to convert the microSD card to the Gold Card.
    • Now you should restart the phone of yours and conncet with the computer as you see FASTBOOT on the screen of the HTC Desire.
    • Now you need to enter the following commands on the terminal.
      Code:
      sudo mkdir /mnt/cdrom 
      sudo mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom 
      cd /mnt/cdrom/root 
      sudo ./step1.sh
    • after doing the same you need to browse to the Bootloader.
    • You need to move to the Recovery option and enter the following command on the terminal.
    • sudo ./step2.sh
    • on the recovery option you have to select the Wipe option and then you should use the rootedupdate.zip and your phone would be flashed. Once the process is completed you would have your HTC Desire fully rooted.

Following thing will not be able to provide in the process of the Rooting.
    • The Rooting will not enable to flash the device of yours with the custom help of recovery image.
    • Also it would not give you any write access on the system partition at the time of normal use of the device.
    • However it will flash your device and it would give you Superuser access on the phone.

I know the following reason due to which one cannot root the Desire by any mean. There is key protection method has been see on the HTC Tattoo which was protecting the key partition from the having write access. The RUU flash process is not allowing the downgrading the bootloader to the earlier version. A perfected bootloader will not let you to do the flashing or booting of the any images.