Thread: Motorola Defy screen is not responding

Motorola Defy screen is not responding

Within two months of normal use of Motorola Defy, it has started showing up with issues. I have recently noticed that a part of my mobile screen is not responding and seems to be a complete dead patch. When I use the keyboard, sometimes few letters are not responding to the tap of my finger. I am unable to understand what must be causing this problem. Does anyone know what could be the issue with my mobile phone? Does anyone have a solution or this? If yes then please reply my post and help me get rid of my problem.

Re: Motorola Defy screen is not responding

The touch screen of your Motorola Defy is malfunctioning, so there must be some Software issues in your mobile. So I would recommend you to either reinstall the current firmware/software of your mobile or you should perform update of the mobile firmware. You can perform the update by following the below steps:
    • Click on the Settings icon in the main menu
    • Go to “About phone” and select the “System updates” option.
    • Click on the “Download” link to download the available update.
    • Once the software is downloaded in your mobile, select “Install” to install it.
    • Your mobile will restart once the update is installed.

You should probably try to perform hard reset (factory reset) to restore your original factory settings of your mobile. Follow these few steps to perform hard reset in your mobile.
    • Turn off the mobile phone and remove the battery of your mobile and reinsert it.
    • Now, Press and hold the volume button along with the power button of the mobile.
    • Release the volume button, as soon as the Droid icon is displayed on the screen.
    • Click on the right-hand corner of the touch screen of your mobile.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and select the “Wipe (data/factory)” option and select the OK button to proceed.
    • Select the “Reboot System Now” option and tap on OK to complete the process.
    • Let the mobile reboot itself.

It was very great of you guys to think about some complete stranger like me and stop by this thread to reply and help me solve my issues. But unfortunate to say, nothing seems to be working for me. I tried to update my firmware but after going to the path as you said, I realized no update is currently available for my mobile and the latest one is installed in it. I even tried to perform factory reset but nothing seems to be working for me. All your and my efforts went in vain. Now this thing is really irritating me. Still I am hoping to get a better solution so that my problem is solved. Anyways thank you for your suggestions.

According to me there is some hardware issue with your mobile phone. You said that its being just two months that you are using your Motorola Defy. That means that your mobile is still under warranty period. So if you have got the warranty of your mobile then it would be better for you to get an appointment fixed from the nearest Motorola Care Center and get your mobile phone repaired by them. They are the best known people who will solve your problem related to your Motorola Defy. If the mobile is still within warranty period and if you have not void your warranty in any ways then you will get your mobile phone repaired free of cost.